five, charity ball

Estella Henderson was on FaceTime with Scarlett while both girls were doing their makeup

"I can't believe you asked him, El! I'm so proud of you." Scarlett says wiping away a fake tear.

"I can't believe he said yes," Ella says putting on red lipstick.

"Ella, he's lucky to have you. But is this serious? I mean would you want it to become serious?"

Estella bit her lip and shrugs, "I really like him Scar, so if he asked me to be his girlfriend. I would say yes."

"I'm so happy for you. And I'm pretty sure he likes you too."

"You really think so?" Estella's dating history has never been pretty. She never really had teenage relationships, never being ready in high school. And in college, nothing stuck. Ella always felt like an outsider and different.

"Of course, you should see the way he looks at you," Scar says to her best friend.

"You're overreacting!" Ella laughs.

"I'm not, El! You just can't tell but don't worry tonight will go perfect." Scar says making Ella cross her fingers.

"Hopefully, have you and Amber picked your dresses yet?" Estella asks as she plugs in the curling iron.

"I have. I'm wearing the purple one with feathers and Amber is wearing the black one you designed last season."

Ella loved seeing people in her dresses, they made her feel appreciated.

"I'm so excited to see you both. Is Liliana going?" Liliana is currently five months pregnant so Kimberly gave her the option of not attending.

"I texted her like five minutes ago and she is but only for a bit," Scar says also straightening her hair. "Wait what are you wearing?"

Ella looks at her dress and smiles, "I'm wearing the one I designed three weeks ago. The blue and pink sparkly one."

Scar gasped, "I'm so glad Emma and her team finished it in time."

Emma was the head of the seamstress team, Ella may be the one designing the dresses but there the ones who made the dresses.

"Kim make sure to hand the design over to Emma so it'll be ready on time."

"Kimberly loves you. You're like her favorite person."

Ella smiles, "I love her too, she's really been there for me. I'm so grateful to her."

Both girls finished their hair at the same time and began to put on jewelry.  Ella put on some simple diamond earrings Kimberly gifted her for Christmas last year.

Kimberly truly did care about Ella, it was obvious to everyone in that office. They spent most lunches today, Kim cared more about Ella's opinion than anyone else and she always put Ella's designs above everyone else's.