nine, katherine

The Doppelgänger and original hybrid sat on the couch, both still trying to process all the words exchanged with each other

The Doppelgänger and original hybrid sat on the couch, both still trying to process all the words exchanged with each other. However, at the moment all Estella Henderson wanted was to go home and take a long hot shower.

"You know, Nik. I've always wanted to walk in the rain." Ella comments standing up to look out the window. It would also be romantic, the doppelgänger thinks to herself, wanting to distract her mind.

The hybrid eyes immediately followed her and he smiled at her happiness. However, still deep in thought, thinking of Katherine. She was always a thorn in his spine, and because of her minions the vampire now probably knows about another doppelgänger. His doppelgänger.

"What if you get sick?" Klaus asked softly knowing what she was going to say when he saw her smirk, "Well, lucky me. I know someone that can cure me."

Klaus shakes his head with a smile when Ella sits back down with him, "Please Nik, besides I need to change and work. Oh shit! Work!"

Her eyes widen in realization and a part of her starts freaking out. "I can't lose my job-"

Klaus instantly grabbed her hand and calmed her down, "Don't worry, turns out Jennifer texted Kimberly that you were sick so she gave you the weekend off."

Estella sighed in relief and squeezed Nik's hand gently, "I'm glad, I don't want to get fired."

Klaus chuckles amused, "I don't think Kimberly would fire you. At the meeting, she talked highly of you and loves all your work."

"I am her favorite worker." Ella brags making Nik chuckle. He appreciated that the human doppelgänger was back to her original personality. Not bringing up anything or asking too many questions. Yet at least.

"Come on, but I don't have an umbrella," The hybrid says standing up and holding out his hand for her to grab.

Ella quickly grabs his hand and stands up, "No worries, it isn't raining too hard."

They both walk out and start walking, Nik lives around 10 minutes from her. So they weren't going to be walking for too long.

Ella felt happy at the moment, walking in the rain but also very lost. She was still a bit shocked at the events from yesterday and everything Nik told her. But despise all that, she just wanted to sleep.

The doppelgänger also felt relieved that all her pain and scars from yesterday weren't visible. A part of her still felt afraid because, after all, she was still human.

No doubt nightmares would be an issue but at the moment Ella didn't want to think or worry about that.

Klaus felt the same although there was a small part of him that felt guilty. He avoided talking about Katherine because if he talked about her, then he would've had to start from the beginning. Aka Tatia.