Return to Zero

We're now in Fate/Zero so I'm gonna have fun getting all my research together for this.

___________________________

1 year later
Japan

A plane was starting to land at an airport as two certain people sat on board. One was a blonde haired man who wore a tight long sleeved shirt with a red and black checkered flannel with the sleeves rolled up, jeans and work boots. The other was a snow haired beauty with ruby eyes who was dressed for colder weather as she was in a white thick jacket, thigh-high white boots, and black tights.

The blonde man was still asleep as his companion tried to wake him, but he wouldn't budge. She knew he didn't sleep, but she liked that he still acted human despite his circumstances.

She shook him again, but he kept snoring, before a evil glint appeared in her eyes. She quickly asked an attendant for a cup of water before saying a polite thank you to them and turned towards her companion. She smiled sweetly as she poured the water on him and he seemed to jump up, like a cat when panicked. She giggled as he looked at her and sighed.

"Did you have to do that?" He asked as he rolled his eyes at her giggling. Kiritsugu wanted him to keep an eye on her for him, but he never specified how to do it and he never said it would be easy.

"It was the only way to wake you up," she responded, a small giggle still coming out. He, again, rolled his eyes but smiled nonetheless at the statement. It wasn't exactly true, but he guessed by his reaction it was at least worth it for her.

"So.. where are we?"

"Fuyuki City," she answered before whispering to him, "Kiritsugu said to meet up at the castle later tonight, but for now we can try to get familiar with the area."

"It's a good plan, but I don't expect it to go smoothly." The blonde, Idris, replied.

Besides, he said in his mind, I know your fate Irisviel. But I don't know if I have the strength to help you with it.

He stood up as the plane came to a stop and reached into the overhead storage to grab both his and Irisviel's bags before they both got off the plane.

He looked around, being able to see the majority of the city due to the airport's location. He smelled the air, as if trying to find something, before a pale hand touched his shoulder and beckoned him to continue. He continued down the stairs before walking with Irisviel to a car.

"Do you know how to drive?" Idris asked Irisviel as she went to the driver side.

"Yes, and Kiritsugu always let me drive."

"And where was that?"

"Oh usually big open areas. Usually fields."

Idris slightly paled at that as he put the bags in the car and went to the driver side, "How 'bout I drive for now? With my riding skill it shouldn't be hard to figure out."

"Fine," she pointed at him, "But I get to drive later. Got it?"

"Yes ma'am."

And off they went for who knows how long. They were there to scout out and find the other masters if given the chance, otherwise they were just 'tourists' as Kiritsugu put it. Idris was focused on driving while Irisviel looked around in awe of the city.

After a short bit they arrived at a small café and went in. Idris didn't need the food, but it felt wrong to not get anything. They just settled on a small snack before sitting down. The sun was just starting to set, painting the sky in a beautiful orange hue.