Beginning of the end

Why does the Oblivion ost go so hard at times?
_______________________

5 years later
No POV

A snow storm was raging as a cloaked individual was making his way to shelter. He couldn't see 10 feet in front of him, but he kept going. He slowly made his way to a nearby cave as he sat down.

He pulled out some sticks and lumber as he started on making a fire. His hands were giving him a difficult time however. He couldn't stop shaking, but he kept trying. He'd been out here days already due to a hunt, one that he completed, but couldn't make his way back fully due to the weather. The hunt was more of a bounty really. Kill a thing, bring it back, claim your reward. All he had to do was bring it back.

'Did I inherit my mom's luck or something?' He mentally asked himself as a small fire had come to life. He kept feeding it both wood and air as he kept his back to the entrance, blocking the wind. He tightened the cloak around him as he slowly warmed up. He watched the fire as he listened to the weather, the storm raging on as he sat down in shelter.

He heard a small amount of movement as he brought his head up and saw a pair of eyes glowing in the dark. He quickly picked up a burning stick and threw it over. To his complete surprise it was a cat, well big cat anyways, instead of something else. The thick coat and spots gave it away to him since he's been hunting in this area for a while.

'That's a snow leopard. Why the hell is there one in Greece?' He asked himself as he watched the cat. It watched back. He kept one eye on it as he tended to his fire.

Eventually he heard the storm start dying and turned around. The snow was slowing down as he looked outside and grabbed his bag. He looked back at where the snow leopard was before walking out of the cave.

He looked around, keeping his eyes open for any familiar landmarks before he saw it. A dead tree with none of its limbs. He smiled to himself as he walked in its direction before continuing in that direction.

"I should really take harder hunts," he told himself, "This is getting too easy!"

He kept walking until he made it to a small path covered by snow. He just kept walking since he knew where he had to go. He saw nothing as he walked this small path. Just snow, trees, and bushes. No animal or person.

Every now and again he would catch glimpses of a woman. Long pale blonde hair and pale skin. He grumbled to himself as he ignored her, seemingly annoyed by her. He just kept walking.

Timeskip brought to you by Idris getting annoyed at Morgan

"I brought you you're beast," the hunter told another man, "Did you at least bring me my pay?"

"Calm down son of the forest," the man told the hunter, "Your pay will be here momentarily."

"Why do you people even call me 'son of the forest' anyways? It's weird." The hunter told the other man.

"Well it's due to you're hunting abilities," the other man seemed to gain a look in his eyes, "One unmatched by other mortals. Say, who were your parents?"

"This question again? For the last time, my dad was a warrior and my mother assisted a blacksmith. I'm not a demigod, just a normal person."

"I know you're mortal," the man looked the hunter in the eyes, "You claim it with more confidence than you would if you were a god. You just remind me of Orion."

"The ladies man?" The hunter asked the man, "Well, at least I'm not a ladies man. I'm not putting my talents to waste."

"Is that what you think about him?"