Short Respite

Kept you waiting huh?
___________________

??? ??? later
???
No POV

The beeping of medical equipment rang softly in Idris's ears, causing a soft groan to leave his lips. He could feel the soft sheets of a bed on him, the small talk of the staff being slightly overheard.

He slowly opened his eyes, but everything was a blur. He tried to blink it away, but it barely subsided. He let out a sigh knowing that he won't see as good for now as he used to. He tried to remember the last thing he did, but was met with pain. He had to hold in a grunt  as it pounded the side of his skull. His body knew what it did, but his mind refused to acknowledge it.

He let out another sigh as the door opened and Roman walked through. Roman glanced to his left before looking at Idris, shock evident in his eyes.

"Surprise," Idris said, waiving his hands around, "I'm not in a coma."

Roman was a stuttering mess as he tried to formulate a sentence. Idris just watched him in amusement before speaking again.

"Did you actually think I would stay under? That hurts Roman, that hurts," he said as he feigned hurt while looking at Roman, "So, what's got your panties in a twist? Where's Olga?"

"She's.. also in a coma. Ever since you returned both you and Olga have been in a coma with no signs of awakening. So it's quite a surprise when you wake up from a coma no one expects you to wake up from."

"Well at least you didn't pull the plug," Idris scratched his head for a moment, realizing why Olga was also in a coma, "Shit."

"Shit?"

"Yes Roman, shit. I just remembered why Olga is in a coma."

"And how so."

"It may or may not be because my Nobel phantasm and it might also be because her spirit is damaged."

"How is her spirit damaged? Also, you have a NOBEL PHANTASM!?"

"Yeah, son of King Arthur. I'll tell you the story later. And her spirit is damaged because my Nobel phantasm, Salvator Sanguinor, causes things that are dead or close to death to stay dead and bring the life forward after the destruction. Her spirit was damaged because of the explosion because of Lev and was almost destroyed if the healing effect of my nobel phantasm didn't take affect. She'll be in that coma until her spirit either fully heals or is close to being fully healed. Also her body is basically dead so she'll need rehab."

"You can't just casually drop that you're the son of King Arthur!!"

Idris just deadpanned at him, "Yeah I can, and Mordred's my half-brother. We have different mothers."

"W.. why are you doing this now? Why couldn't you have done this before the explosion?"

"You never asked, so I never answered."

Roman let out a sigh of frustration before smiling, "You're hard to work with."

"Thank you, I know."

"But you're reliable and can be counted on to say what needs to be said."

"Thank.. you? I don't how to answer that. I'm literally just blunt with people, normally anyways."

Idris just kinda sat there in silence, not knowing what to do. Roman was about to leave before saying one last thing.

"You might want to get some clothes. Then you can go to the observation deck with me and Da Vinci."

"New singularity?"