chapter 27: company dinner?

𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞, 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞.

"Hey, help me at least."

"Right."

Touya struggled to focus on the task at hand, helping his manager locate the mastermind behind this photoshoot.

"Yeah, that photoshoot was me as well! Gosh, I feel like shit! Mitsuri got fired 'cause of me and I..."

"It's okay. It's not your fault. I promise."

"Ever heard of calming the fuck down?" Touya deadpanned, grabbing a news article on her desk and reading it in the dim light.

Lady Hitogoroshi stared at him strangely. "Who pissed in your food today?"

"Just leave me alone."

"Emotions? That's new." She leaned on her board and folded her arms over her chest. "And... you definitely look..."

"Just fuck off." He spat, tying his wavy blonde locks up. "It's better than whatever the fuck you were doing with my hair."

He stood up and walked to the door, slamming it harshly behind him and leaving his confused manager in the room.

Weird...

Muichiro angrily stared at you and Touya talking, nearly crushing a can of soda in his hands.

Tanjiro noticed this almost immediately and snatched it from his hands. "Woah, what's up with you?!"

Red eyes flickered to the sight of you and the new student before a wave of understanding washed over him. "Oh... You're jealous, aren't you?"

"No. That's insane." He gritted his teeth.

Tanjiro passed Muichiro a disappointed look as he watched him stare. "Go talk to her, at least! She's your girlfriend after all!"

But it wasn't that easy.

After that kiss, it felt as if there was an awkward ice between you and him that he'd created.

And seeing Touya...

Wait.

Is he whispering in her ear?!

"Good idea, Tanjiro." Muichiro's expression seemed to be blank, contrary to the vein bulging out of his forehead. "I'll be right back."

Did I make a mistake? Tanjiro awkwardly spun on his heel and walked away from the situation. I wasn't involved.

"I mean, I'm sure treating him to something he likes will win him over!" Touya winked. "Besides, what's there to lose? Your ass is already dirt poor..."

"Hey!" You jokingly shoved him. "If you don't get your stupid ass away from me..."

Touya perked up before grinning and leaning close to your ear, whispering. "Don't look, but Muichiro looks really fucking mad right now. He's obviously jealous, but who'd blame him?"