chapter 26: your first day?

𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐮𝐬, 𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐧, 𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐧.

"We have a new student joining us today..."

Oh no.

"Hayashi Touya! Please make him feel welcome within our school!"

Oh no.

Avoiding him like the plague seemed to be fruitless, as you were his prime target during lunch.

"Another blondie?!" Zenitsu jumped up. "You can be the decoy, then!"

"Eh... decoy?" Touya feigned an expression of lighthearted confusion on his face, tilting his head to the side.

His hand moved to your shoulder. "I'm actual acquainted with Y/N here, and I think I have met a few of you already..."

Muichiro scowled and shooed his hand off of you. "Hey. Quit it."

Touya lifted his hand off of you and out both of them in the air, a surrendering motion. "Ah, calm down Muichiro~. To be honest, I didn't even apply to this school."

"Then how'd you get in?!" Inosuke exclaimed.

The blonde innocently smiled, one that could rival Tanjiro's in sincerity. "My father signed me up. I just learned about it like... yesterday?"

Your smile faded as Touya easily seemed to win each of your friends over in charm and wit, and definitely looks.

One wink and smile from him could send the entire girl population into a coma.

"Touya," Nezuko held her chopsticks close to her lips, a piece of food in between them. "are you really gay?!"

A loud, harmonious laughter passed his lips at the question. "I don't like labels. Whoever I like, I like. It's just how I deal with it that matters."

"Besides, we all die anyway!" He might've said this a bit too joyfully. "Might as well live a little. Kiss a girl, kiss a guy, fuck around and find out!"

Why does he sound so weird?...

Muichiro was given an assignment.

"Do something that comforts you. Simple, right? You can even bring a partner, or something."

So, he obviously felt a need to complete it.

You just didn't expect him to go about it like...

"Muichiro, I'm not your personal stuffed animal."

... this.

Muichiro hugged you close on his bed, his chin nestled in the crook of your neck as he took soft breaths in and out. "Therapist's orders. Give me like... an hour."