chapter 9: is it what it looks like?

𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞, '𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐈'𝐦 𝐚 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮.

"I'm so excited to see how you look, Y/N!" Kanao smiled sweetly at you as she said this, her voice coated in sincerity.

Meanwhile, you wanted to vomit.

You awkwardly laughed as you thanked her. "It's still a bit... odd. Maybe we shouldn't watch it?"

"Y/N's nervous~!" Zenitsu teased. "Is it that bad? What happened?"

"Dude, if you don't pipe the fuck down... It's probably really cool looking!" Inosuke shouted. "Our Y/N would never be caught looking weird, especially on national television!"

The one time he compliments me.... "Thanks, Inosuke..."

You had to do something.

Maybe something a bit controversial, but definitely something.

Operation Infiltrate The Tokitos' Base So You Could Blackmail Them Back And Destroy That Stupid Contract.

Or, in simpler terms, you were committing a crime to save your dignity. No biggie.

After a few quick searches on the internet, you were able to find their address.

Too bad it was thirty minutes of a walk away from you.

Clad in an fully black outfit, you hid in a bush near their large yard. You'd have to hop the large stone-and-brick fence that surrounded the house.

What the hell am I even doing with my life? Shaking your thoughts away, you took a deep breath before stalking towards the house.

I need to jump! The stone fence wasn't too tall, and you couldn't climb it. You ran back a few steps before lunging towards the ledge and jumping.

Too bad you fell right to the floor.

The ground knocked all the air out of you as you let out a pained cough. Fuck! As the urge to groan in pain came up your throat, you bit your lip hard enough to draw blood.

You could taste the iron in your mouth as you dusted yourself off, heavily panting.

"Alright, attempt two." You muttered under your breath.

Walking backwards, you wasted no time jumping up and reaching your hand at the ledge once more.

And your hand met the railing.

You clutched the rail in your hands tightly, using your little arm strength to pull yourself up the fence.

Don't rich people typically have lazers, or some shit? Nevermind. You jumped down to the interior yard of his house, rolling on the grass to break your fall.

A soft gasp escaped your lips at the sight of his house. Huge was an understatement.

Stay focused!