chapter 21: mirrors?

𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐤𝐢𝐝.

"I need to see a doctor. A real one."

"And I told you," Mr. Imamura busied himself with his phone, "no."

"But I've been constantly blacking out!" Muichiro pleaded. "I can barely even lift Y/N up anymore!"

As he adjusted his watch and pocketed his phone, the model's manager just brushed by his shoulder.

"Sacrifices must be made, Tokito."

He already felt lightheaded just standing. His once peachy tone now replaced by a pale one. The vibrance of his hair was long gone as dark circles littered the under parts of his eyes.

Too bad he couldn't see how far he'd gone.

Grabbing his waterbottle and pouring the remaining contents into his mouth, he set it down onto the vanity with a loud clunk at stared at himself.

Thoughts of self-loathing were all Muichiro could think of as he watched his self-image slowly deteoriate, unbeknownst to him.

How horrid... He thought.

I'm still not enough, aren't I?

Placing a slender hand onto the mirror, he tried to reclaim what was once his. But all he could give himself was a reassuring smile as he tiredly stared at his reflection.

When will I ever learn to love you?

As tears stung the corners of his eyes, he took his hand off the mirror and watched the prints left behind disappear slowly.

Who am I kidding?

How could I ever love him?

He's disgusting.

I want him gone.

Staring at his knuckles blankly, he felt his hands tightly ball into fists as he stared at the mirror.

His mind screamed at him, begging him to stop. He couldn't tell what they were asking him to stop doing, but it never came across his mind anyway.

Muichiro left his hand lay loosely on the desk, resting his head down onto both of his arms.

One nap won't hurt.

You'd been waiting down in the lobby for Muichiro for awhile.

"Where is he?" You asked Touya, impatiently. The blonde could only shrug at your question.

"No clue." He hummed.

The two of you sat in silence as you impatiently stared at your unread text message from five minutes ago. The word delivered seemed to haunt you.