Even more💞

"And would you love her? The way that she loves you?"

Klaus looked at the drunk man sitting next to him at the bar table.. He was raving that sentence non-stop as he greedily gulped down the wine as if it were the magic solution to remove all his worries.. But it seems the opposite is what happened, and it seems that sentence increased his pain.. The man was raving non-stop, ruining his evening.. He gave him an annoyed look, then returned his attention to his drink.. The man paid attention to Klaus's gaze and said in a heavy tone "Don't look at me like that.. My wife, whom I loved the most, has died.. Since her death, I have seen nothing but this question in the eyes of our acquaintances.. But no one realized, I didn't love her as she loved me.. Rather, I loved her more than she loved me.. She died early and while I was still alive, I loved her more every day.. I cling to her memory every day more than before.. I loved her more than she loved me, and every day I loved her more"

Klaus blinked his eyes to push away some of the tears that tried to settle in his eyes... The man's words awakened an unquenchable monster that preyed on his soul whenever he had the opportunity... A monster named the pain of losing the woman who cared for him like no woman had ever done before... Who loved him like no woman had ever loved him before.. A woman, No one like her came before or after her in his life.

The women in his life were always associated with the word betrayal.. In fact, he was almost certain the word woman was almost equivalent to the word betrayal in his life until she came.. starting with his mother, who betrayed his father and to this day he bears the consequences of her betrayal.. Then came Aurora, whom he loved with all his heart, but she broke him.. And she destroyed him in the cruelest way possible.. As a result of the betrayal and actions of these two women, the famous Klaus Mikaelson was created.

Then there was Caroline.. A cute little vampire, but she was also not the one.. Even though he was the one who allowed her to use his feelings against him.. But it also falls under the word betrayal, even if they were cute, funny betrayals.

And Rebekah, whom he discovered her betrayal centuries after this betrayal happened.. Even Hayley betrayed him when she thought of running away with his child and taking her away from him... But Camille never did.. Even those two times when it seemed as if she did, but in reality she didn't.

That time she had slept with Marcel... They didn't have romantic feelings yet, and he was in a relation with Guinevere.. He had no right to complain, as he was the one who pushed her into Marcel's arms when he abandoned her when she needed him most and indulged in self-pity. Even when she stole the toy horse from him, it was to attract his attention and return what she thought he had stolen from her.. She was just wanting to regain control of her life.. What happened that day was only a difference in points of view.. And both of them were wrong and right at the same time.

Their love wasn't a love of words but of actions.. They never needed words to express their love.. Everything within them was screaming this love.. All their actions clearly declared this love.. They were supportive of each other when they most needed support.. They offered to risk their lives to save the other.

It almost seemed to him that if he looked into the eyes of their acquaintances, he would read the same question as the drunk man, Did he love her as she loved him? They loved each other to the same extent and in the same way.. But as the man said, she left, and left him to love her more every day.. and clings to her memory more.. Since he is immortal, he expects that her love will never end, and thus the pain of losing her will remain with him forever.

He blew hard as he turned to the drunk man to place his hand on his shoulder, saying "You will overcome the ordeal of losing her.. You won't forget her, and her memory will remain beautiful.. When you remember her, you will smile with nostalgia.. You will move on with your life and stop drinking excessively.. Go and consider that night the last of your great grief for her"

The man nodded mechanically, then took his last sip and left the bar.. Klaus followed the man with his gaze until he left the door.. Then he closed his eyes and behind his closed eyelids he saw her pleasant face.. That expressive look that was on her face when he helped that detective to get out of Lucian's compulsion.. When he opened his eyes, he realized what he had done.. He burst into long, hysterical laughter.. The bartender looked at him indifferently.. People like this man often pass by with strange behavior.. Klaus paid attention to her look and said after his laughter subsided "Don't look like that.. I'm not drunk yet.. Its just, I never imagined  a day would come when the terrifying Klaus Mikaelson would help a random , insignificant man.. Just because that's what his dead lover would have done.. Isn't that pathetic?"

The bartender responded sympathetically "I find it nice"

He gave her a half-smile, took the last sip into his cup, then placed a generous tip for her and left.. That question was on his mind a lot.. Did he love her the way she loved him? But he was sure of the answer to this question.. Yes, he did, and perhaps even more.