19- Pre Wedding Rituals

DEVANSHI'S POV:

DEVANSHI'S POV:

It was Vinayak Sthaapana and all my extended family and friends were here and my maternal family arrived too. 

All the rituals have started taking place.
Getting ready for the Vinayaka Sthaapana, going down stairs in my red saree.

Everything started happening on a real fast pace, I was quite anxious now

One day passed.

Today were just some Pooja and Mehendi in evening, and tomorrow is Haldi, day after tomorrow is Sangeet. After that Wedding. That's it,  I would be gone forever...

A lone tear slipped my eyes, I don't know how I would manage at a place I don't know, I've never been, with people I've met just once and that one person for whom I am leaving everything here, I don't know about him, I just don't have any feelings towards. It's true that I speak even those words I don't want to in front of him. It is as if I can't ignore the pull. But I can't bring myself to trust him. I don't know if I can Or I want to spend my entire life with him.

Even if he is perfect, I can't bring myself to trust this perfection, or more precisely I don't know if I will be able handle this perfection. Every thing good is not always true in my case.

Mom entered the room, I looked in her direction and she came beside me sitting on  the chair, helping me wear the bangles.

"I know what you must be thinking but, you must not punish someone of the crime they never did. I accept we've done wrong to you...." And I interrupted her mid sentence "It was not your or not even  Papa's..."

"Let me speak Gudiya." She said authoritatively and I nodded, she continues
" We gave you some wounds in your childhood, which we cannot heal, we can't even change ourselves now. But that doesn't mean you won't trust in God's plan. You have to and you must. Whatever comes your way, be strong you are my warrior, bachha as your Nanosa calls you 'My Lotus Warrior'. You delicate, beautiful, intelligent and yet so strong, brave and courageous. Always believe in yourself. Always, no matter what. I can't say about your father but in every situation and every decision of yours I'm with you. I'm sorry for your childhood, Gudiya."