16

F I N E L I N E

———

Aria helped Luca's mom set up for her annual New Year's party. The Fantilli family has been throwing this party since she knew them. She blew up the last few balloons that she had to do, tying them all together and tying it to the handle of a drawer.

" Thanks so much Aria, Luca and Adam never want to help",

" Of course, and yea, they're pretty useless", the brunette laughed. She said goodbye, quickly going downstairs to saying goodbye to Luca.

Luca sat on the large couch, his headset on and playing a game, obviously with one of his friends. Aria stood behind the couch, placing her hands on his shoulders. He looked up at the girl, removing his headset and placing the controller down.

" I have to go, I'll be back later" she said quickly, knowing Blair was waiting for her outside. Aria placed a quick kiss on the boys cheek, Luca barely being able to say bye before she was running up the stairs.

Aria climbed into the passenger seat, apologizing to Blair. " it's alright, I know you had to say goodbye to your boyfriend",

" Um, not sure who you're thinking of. Don't have a boyfriend", the brunette smiled at her, Blair just nodding and rolling her eyes.

The two girls drove back to Blair's house, getting ready for the party together, like they have for the past few years. Once they arrived, Aria quickly had a shower, starting on her makeup as Blair went into the bathroom.

Aria grabbed her phone, and facetimed Luca. He answered right away, still sat on the couch, where he was an hour ago.

" you're still exactly where you were", she said laughing

" no rush, the party isn't for a couple hours", he shrugged, placing his phone against the coffee table. " why are you getting ready so early?",

Aria scoffed, " I always get ready early for everything. Even you know that".

The two sat on the phone for a bit, before Blair came back into the room. " I'm gonna go, love you",

" love you too", he said, hanging up and Aria turning her phone off.

" You literally said love you to each other, you're in love", Blair screamed, Aria jumping.

" he's my best friend, of course I say love you".

———

  Aria pulled on a black pair of leather pants from aritzia, as well as a white short sleeve body suit. Seeing as it was an adult organized party, she never dressed like she usually would for parties. Blair wore something similar, the two girls driving over to the house.

They never had to worry about staying sober, since they always spent the night in the basement anyway. Aria and Blair got into the car, turning up whatever was on the radio. Aria couldn't help but hope her and Luca had some sort of moment tonight, but she was to scared to make it happen.

Snapped out of her thoughts, they arrived at the house, the two getting out of the car and taking their bags into the basement quickly. Blair went upstairs to talk to some other people their age that were there with their parents, Aria knocking lightly on Luca's door.

Luca opened the large door, pulling the hoodie over his head. He smiled down at the girl, wrapping his arm around her waist. Aria felt butterflies arrive in her stomach, the two walking upstairs.

They ended up going their separate ways, their parents wanting them to talk to some of their friends. Aria had only had a couple glasses of champagne, Luca not having any drinks tonight. Everyone gathered in the living room, the countdown starting on the tv. Aria saw Blair, with some random guy that she recognized from high school.

Adam left his older brother, who frantically searched for the girl. The room was crowded, and considering how small she was, she wasn't easily spotted. Once he saw a girl getting out of a group, that she clearly joined accidentally, he rushed over to her and grabbed her hand.

" I've been looking for you, for like, ever", he said laughing, Aria smiling. " How have you been enjoying this party?"

Aria shrugged, " not bad. Maybe better than school parties", she joked, Luca widening his eyes. Aria laughed, a smile instantly appearing on the boys face as he brought the girl closer to him.

The two watched the tv, which was now counting down from 10. Thoughts were going through both of their heads, a million miles an hour. Luca had his hand placed on the girls lower back, watching as her eyes focused on the large screen.

The music played as the time hit 0, before Aria could celebrate with her best friend, Luca gently grabbed her face, pressing their lips together. Arias hands quickly went to the back of the boys neck, pressing her body against his.

Aria pulled away, worried everyone would be looking at them, but the space remained the same. Luca grabbed the girls hand, the two going downstairs to the boys room. Once they were behind the closed door, they felt as if their bodies couldn't be close enough, even though it was impossible to be even closer.

———

A/n

We all know what happens next, but I will leave it to ur imagination 😄😄😄