- f o u r t y s i x -

"My heart is so full of you I can hardly call it my own."

- E R O S - R I C C I -

"This is my favourite place in Italy." She spoke as I stuffed my hands in my pockets and looked at the beautiful painting of a familiar golden landscape.

"Mine too." I tell her and she smiles, turning her head to look at me, her long brown hair moving with her.

"Really?" Her bright smile made my chest constrict, her dimples showing and I fought the urge to grab her by the neck and kiss her senseless.

So I fisted my hands instead.

"Hmm." I hummed in response, watching her look back at her painting with a fond smile on her face that I so desperately wished she looked at me with.

Admiration, adoration. Love.

I wanted it all from her.

"Do you remember making this?" I asked her and she nodded.

"I was sixteen then." She started and I gulped, remembering how young she was when I first laid eyes on her and chose her as my partner. My queen.

Does that make me a creep? Well, it doesn't matter now. She's mine anyways.

"And Hunter knew someone who wanted to display it here." She told me.

"It's beautiful." I told her, watching her smile widen as she looked at the painting.

"Thank you." She whispered before looking down, a frown marring her beautiful features.

"I remember the first time I came to this place—..." She looked around the hall and my heart beat faster in my chest.

Does she remember?

"Everyone loved the painting. It was a party. My first one, but the best one because I—..." She stopped short, shaking her head softly.

"Because what?" I pressed, wanting to hear it from her.

"It's not important, just someone in the past." She said, pressing her lips into a thin line.

"Was it a man?" I asked and her head swivelled to me quickly, eyes wide.

"W-What? I-I don't—..." She started but I raised my hand in the air, drawing closer to her.

"Don't lie to me." I told her softly, tucking her hair behind her ear when she looked up at me with her doe eyes.

"You won't be mad?" Her soft voice melted my heart when I shook my head, taking her smooth hand in mine.

"Never, darling. Can I ask you something first, though?" I asked her and she nodded softly.

"Do you love him?" I looked at that boy I wanted to crush beneath my shoe.

Stronzo.

"Axel?" Her brows were furrowed and a strange expression of hurt on her face.