- f i f t y n i n e -

"You were the light I was always searching for in the dark tunnels of my life."

* * *

- E M E R A L D - R I C C I -

I stare at my reflection in the mirror for five minutes straight, watching the midnight blue gown with little silver sequins and sparkles wrap around my body perfectly, accentuating my curves and my hair left open and curled because that's how Eros likes it, with a diamond pin in it.

My fingers trace the beautiful diamonds that adorn my neck and ears, my make up on point and natural, the slit in the dress starting from mid thigh all the way down, revealing my tanned leg and the matching midnight blue stilettos on my feet and the lone silver anklet.

My hand slides to my stomach and a small smile graces my glossy lips, eyes shining with happiness.

I'm going to be a mother.

"Don't you look ethereal." I hear his deep voice from behind me before his arm slides across my waist and his fingers intertwine with mine over my flat stomach.

I look at him through the mirror, my eyes raking his matching midnight blue three piece suit, slicked back hair and blue-green eyes shining with so much love that drowns me.

"I won't be able to survive another moment without you." He says and tightens his hand in mine when I smile wide and look up at him, turning my head towards him.

"Don't be dramatic, Eros." I chide and he groans, dropping his head onto my shoulder.

"I'll let you take the lead." He tries to convince me and I grin as I turn towards him, running my hands down his chest.

"Tempting," I lean towards him, my hand sliding behind his neck to pull him closer, our lips brushing when he sighs dreamily before I pull away, his eyes shoot open, "But we'll be late." 

He scowls, smacking my butt and making me gasp.

"Such a tease." He tells me and I mock him before grabbing his hand and my purse and leading him out of the house where Grant smiles at me as he opens the car door.

"Mr. and Mrs. Ricci, good evening." He says and I smile wide at him before getting in after hearing Eros grunt.

"I don't want to leave." I mumble as we get on with our journey and Eros pulls me into his side.

"Neither do I," He presses his lips against my temple and I smile, leaning even more into him as one hand sits protectively on my stomach. Ever since we found out I was pregnant, he's been taking extra care of me, as if he wasn't already so overprotective.

"You're like a mama bear." I say after a few quiet moments and watch his frown.

"A what?"

"Mama bear," I say, but he still doesn't understand and I sigh, "You're so protective, like a mama bear."