33

Heyy❤️
:
:
"Stop being scary girl."

Brooklyn pushed her hair up in a ponytail while looking at her friend Paisley. She was trying to get her to hit the weed pen but Brooklyn wasn't having it.

"Those can cause major health problems, you hit it once then next thing you know you're in the hospital on your death bed."

Paisley and her other friend Violet laughed. Brooklyn was always cautious and just being innocent.

"This bitch just said death bed, girl bye. Anyway you should come to my daddy's turkey leg party. Mad folks gone be there."

Brooklyn looked over at her sister Sevyn who was playing on her tablet.

They were in a group home and she didn't trust any of them with Sevyn. Even when she went to work she made sure she could tag her sister along.

"Can my sister come?"

"Yeah, I have some little cousins around her age."

Brooklyn nodded while looking down at her phone. She had just received a message from her boss saying that they would have the weekend off.

"Thank God."

"Ooh there go my man."

Brooklyn glanced up and saw the Dodge Charger roll up. They were at their foster home which is where Paisley could do whatever.

Harry let the window down and glanced at Brook before looking at the guy in his passenger seat.

"Come here." He nodded towards Paisley. She stood and walked over to the window.

"Tell Paisley I'll be back." Violet said standing. She walked across the street into some guy she talked to house.

Brooklyn picked up her phone and decided to scroll on her Twitter feed.

Suddenly a tall figure blocked the sunlight from her eyes. She slowly looked up, immediately realizing that it was Harry's friend Sergio.

"What's yo name?" He questioned. Brooklyn bit the corner of her lip not sure if she wanted to say.

"Why?"

"Damn I can't know your name? I'm not on no funny shit."

"I don't know you like that though."

"You can get to know me."

The two noticed a truck slowing down behind Harry's car and looked back at him. Sergio realized who was in the car and then looked at Brooklyn.

"That's your pops?" He asked watching the man get out of the car. He stood about six feet tall, dark brown skin and had the meanest glare on his face.

Brooklyn could tell he was Paisley's dad by the way he walked up to the car.

"You niggas look too old to be talking to these young girls." He said. Brooklyn moved closer to Sevyn in case something popped off.

"Daddy they're just guys from school." Paisley said. He looked at her and shook his head.

"I look stupid to you?"

"It ain't even like that, yo I'll hit you later." Harry said not trying to get in anything with Brando. He'd heard about him before and didn't want no problems.

Sergio eyed Brooklyn once more before leaving with Harry.

Brooklyn on the other hand wasn't really feeling him. He did look too old and she didn't want any problems.