13

Hey❤️.
:
"Should I change to another dress ? This looks kind of short."

Kevious watched as Brooklyn continuously found things wrong with her dress. It was Christmas Day, and they were on their way to Staple's home.

He was having a Christmas Formal dinner, so of course she was wearing a dress.

"You not stressing me out about this dress. Told you it's not short." Kevious said, Brooklyn looked at it once again.

"Okay I won't say anything else about it." She unzipped the dress. The dinner wasn't for another four hours.

She would do her makeup first before placing the dress on.

"You opened your gifts yet?" She asked, Kevious shook his head no. He was still getting used to creating new traditions for holidays.

"Well come on."

Brooklyn walked out of the room, pulling him with her. The two walked over to her tree and she grabbed the three boxes with his name on them.

"Okay open these two first."

Kevious did as she said, she took pictures of him while he opened them.

She bought him a pair of the cherry Jordan 11s and two chains. One was a chain with Braylie on it and the other was a Cuban link.

He then looked over at the huge square like figure, Brooklyn watched him pick it up.

He tore the wrapping paper off of it, eyeing the painting. Brooklyn sucked her lip in as he stared at it, he had no reaction just yet.

"You don't like it?" She asked, slightly saddened by his reaction. He shook his head, and looked over at her.

"Yeah, I like it. Shit I love it...where'd you find this picture at?" He questioned, Brooklyn smiled.

She had painted a portrait of he and his sister Keli, it was the last picture they took together.

"Your cousin Kennedy gave me so many pictures of you two as kids, and she gave me that one too. So, I paint it out for you to have in your home."

Kevious leaned over and pulled her into a hug. She could feel her shoulder becoming wet so she rubbed his head.

"You the only one that make a nigga eyes leak, you like seeing me vulnerable or some?" He mumbled in her neck.

"I actually do, I wouldn't want you to hold that in."

Kevious pulled back and placed a kiss on her lips.

"Yeah, I love this shit. I'm putting it up on my wall as soon as I get home."

Brooklyn smiled, she was happy he loved it. It was something she had been painting on for a while.

Kevious never really spoke on his sister, but since they were in the moment he would today.

"Keli died from suicide, I kept telling myself that something fishy happened to her but that's what I wanted to believe. She was supposed to wait for me, as soon as I got out of my situation I was going to get her out of prison. But she didn't wait...she left me." He said, Brooklyn grabbed his hand.

"She died December 24th, I found out on Christmas. Holidays ain't never been the same for me but having my own family is changing shit. I know this is what she would want."

Brooklyn did realize around November is when he started to get moody. She was happy she made him smile though, it was major to them both.

"Well Cj asked if I knew where her grave was, do you want to visit it?"