15

March.

"No...no...definitely no."

Brooklyn sighed pushing the keypad constantly to the right. She was trying to focus more on her painting, so she planned to enter her art into a gallery.

Each gallery she came across were all white owned though, she wanted something Black Owned because her painting was based on the happiness of an African American child.

"Artistic Beauties...owned by Farrah Easton." She mumbled clicking on the site. Instantly she spotted a black couple on the front page.

The two both owned the art gallery. Their art contained of black couples and family. It was beautiful, hence their gallery's name.

They had a show coming up in a week where they were accepting local black artists. She decided to enter her name into the bar and send it.

"Say, Braylie in here trying to eat my fries." Cj walked into the room. Braylie held a fry in her hand, licking all over it.

"Oh yeah she likes fries, where's your uncle? He was supposed to be bringing her a bottle." Brooklyn stood up.

She grabbed her from his arms and exit the room as Cj followed.

"Ion know, I'm in the room if you need me."

Brooklyn inhaled the loud smell of marijuana and cringed. She was starting to hate everything about weed, she usually loved the smell.

"Is it your cousin or your daddy?" Brooklyn mumbled walking down the steps. She entered his basement and spotted Kevious laid back in his chair.

"What happened to you bringing her bottle?"

His eyes were glued to his phone. She was certain it had something to do with his gun business. He wasn't as secretive about it anymore.

He let her know where he was going and what he was doing when it pertained the business.

"Had to make a call and it slipped my mind, my fault."

"Some always slipping your mind huh?"

Kevious peered over at her, sensing that she was bothered by some. He gave it a few minutes before going to see what was up.

Over the past few months, Brooklyn was being a stay at home mom. She was still stuck on going to dental school or just finding something similar to her recent job.

Daniel had sent calls, text and emails trying to get her to come back.

She explained to him that she couldn't and wouldn't work under that environment. She missed it but she wasn't feeling the weird shit.

"Do you want a bottle or pasta?"

Braylie reached for the pasta so she placed a few noodles on her tray. While she fixed something to eat for herself, she could feel Kevious staring at her.

"I heard that annoyance in what you just said, so talk to me." Kevious walked up behind her. Brooklyn grabbed the bottle of wine and pour some in her glass.

It just made the talk a little more dramatic.

"What were you doing last night?"

"Working, like I always am."

"Working on some other bitch or a car? Personally I believe it was another bitch."

"Quit playing with me, you know I was working on a car." He said crossing his arms. He looked mad as hell which Brooklyn wanted him to be.

She was trying to keep a straight face but slipped up and smirked.

"See you playing games, childish shit." Kevious sucked his teeth.