3

For the last few days Brooklyn had been giving Kevious the cold shoulder. He hated it since their one year anniversary was approaching.

He had planned a lot of things for them so he was doing everything in his power to get back on her good side.

At the moment, he was watching her look over the boutique of orange flowers. She knew he was the one getting all of the gifts for her.

She received thousands worth of gifts in the past few days. Kevious was really sorry but she just didn't understand him.

"How could you possibly be sorry after saying that to me? I'm your girl, not your bitch. You just straight up forgot that huh?"

"In that moment I did, and I'm sorry. I promise I didn't mean to say it like that, I just want you to understand that I can't tell you certain things."

"Why not? You literally was on my ass about not trusting you and now you want to be a hypocrite?"

"I'm not being a hypocrite, because I trust you. Just not with that."

"You can trust me with knowing that you killed people, but when it comes to whatever you're hiding you can't?"

Kevious ran a hand over his face, realizing that he did have some issues also. Brooklyn just grabbed her water and headed to the bedroom.

She couldn't face him right now.
:
:
"It's been quite a while Mr.Bakers."

Kevious sat in front of his therapist, Dr. Newman. She had been a therapist for 10 years now, and 6 years Kevious's. At first, it was a rough start because Kevious was hard to break.

One day he needed her and that's when he became comfortable with her being his therapist.

"Yeah, I thought my therapy was my girl but apparently not." He said dryly, Dr.Newman chuckled.

She grabbed her notepad and started writing down his body movements and his reactions to certain questions.

"So, being a dad is a major step in life. Anything you want to add under that new point?"

"I'm a great dad."

"What makes you a great dad?"

"I keep her at night, just feed her, burp her and rock her to sleep."

"And that makes you a great dad?"

Kevious rubbed his chin, feeling a bit offended.

"You implying that I'm not?"

Dr.Newman continued to write, Kevious peered over at the notepad. He couldn't tell what she was writing but was sure she'd let him know.

"How old is your daughter?"

"Twelve weeks."

"And you've been there each day of the twelve weeks? You've gotten up in the middle of the night, bathed her, soothed her crying, changed her puked out clothes, woke up in early mornings to fix her bottles?"

Kevious thought about it, he was realizing that he wasn't there as much.

"Nah, I don't. I just keep her at night...she barely gives me problems."

"So, your partner deals with all of that? And also the fact that you have an injured leg that kind of refrains you from helping out?"

Kevious nodded stiffly, Dr.Newman sat her notepad down. She looked at Kevious, she could see the sadness in his face.

"Do you see where I'm going with this Mr.Bakers?"

He shook his head, he did know but he wanted her to say it so they could come up with a solution together.