28

"Brook why is it so dark in here?"

Brooklyn stood at the door watching Amelia walk inside. She decided to stop by since she was on that side of town.

"The lights give Kevious headaches but he's sleep now."

She turned the light on and closed the door. She sat down on the sofa and took a deep breath. Amelia was the friend she could always talk to.

She didn't want to tell her about Kevious's outburst but her emotions caused her to spill.

"I feel like if I give up on us, I'll be making a huge mistake. It seems like I'm overreacting but then again I don't want to ignore this and it ends up being a sign that was in my face." Brooklyn explained.

Amelia nodded, she understood a little but not much because she had never dated a guy with a mental disorder.

She wanted Brooklyn to be happy but safe too.

"When did you find out about his mental disorder?"

"He didn't tell me up front but I knew something was off from the first time I met him. When he did tell me, I was so struck by the way he treated me that I really didn't care. Maybe it was the bare minimum but to me it was top tier compared to what I had been treated like. I accepted it because he deserves love and he was giving the love I've always wanted."

Brooklyn rubbed her arm thinking about the two as a couple. They had grown a lot and she loved every bit of it which was why it was such hard decision to make.

"I think this is just a bump in the road. Lucky for you it isn't cheating or side children, just an outburst I'm sure he had no control over. It's your decision to leave or stay but I do think you guys can make it work."

Brooklyn had been thinking about it for a while. It was a big decision to make for the sake of she and her kid.

About three hours passed and Kevious had woken up. He made his way into the living room and sighed deeply at the lights being on.

He looked at Brooklyn who was on one end of the sofa sleeping peacefully. He sat down on the end where her feet were and placed them in his lap.

She woke up from his touch and immediately looked at him.

"I want to talk to you." He caressed her leg. She continued to lay there waiting for him to talk.

"I stopped taking my meds like two weeks ago. I'm sorry for my outburst and I'm taking full responsibility for not doing everything to keep from having an outburst like that. I'll do better, just please don't give up on me."

Brooklyn had never heard him say please, it seemed like he was shocked to hear himself say it too.

"I said that I could handle this and this is really going to be apart of my life either way it goes. Im not giving up on you or us because I accepted and still accept you as you are."

Kevious nodded while watching her move closer to him. She cuddled up next to him and just laid there.

"I think you should go back to your single counseling sessions." Brooklyn said.

"I don't feel like talking about my problems right now."

"It helps you though. Stop being stubborn and loosen up."

Kevious ran a hand over his face and nodded.

"I'll think about it."

Brooklyn knew he was cap, she was gone get him to go
though.
:
:
"Do you want this one or this one?"

Brooklyn stood in front of Braylie with two outfits in her hands. She decided to go shopping with her since Kevious was at a massage session.

"Okay we'll get both."

Brooklyn placed the outfits in the basket before going towards the shoes. She noticed someone looking at them out the corner of her eye and glanced over.

The girl was pregnant, she looked about six to seven months. Brooklyn didn't recognize her until she cracked a smile.

"Morgan?"

Morgan smiled walking over to her. She hugged Brooklyn, extremely happy to see her.

"Hey Brooklyn, I didn't want to approach you cause I couldn't tell if it was you." She said.

"Yeah it's me plus my Sanai."

The two decided to have lunch together since they wanted to catch up with each other.

Brooklyn learned that she was in a community college and Andre took care of her. She was still in the process of healing from her situation and also preparing for her daughter.

She revealed that the reason that she hadn't contacted her is because she had broken her phone. With her focusing on school and trying to have a normal life, her mind just became clouded. 

Andre had asked her to move in with him since she kept fighting with one of the girls at the home. The two had a bumpy relationship which wasn't surprising.

She wanted to work it out for the sake of their daughter but she didn't see them lasting.

She hoped that they would though.

"I have so many baby things at home that I never opened, you can have them." Brooklyn said. She had a lot of family members that sent her things since she didn't have a baby shower.

Even at the gender reveal she got many things that she hadn't used.

"Aww I really appreciate that, so what's it like being a mommy?"

Brooklyn looked at her baby who was chewing on some strawberries. She loved being a mom, she felt like it made her grow more as a person.

"You'll have your moments but at the end of the day you realize that she's the biggest and most special blessing you've been blessed with. I didn't really have a mother and I think that's what builds me up to be the best I can be to my baby."

"I think the worst at times but I know I got this. After all there isn't any turning back."

Brooklyn nodded, she remembered feeling the same way but it changed after she held Braylie in her arms.

The two talked for a bit longer and exchanged numbers before parting ways.

Brooklyn went pick to Kevious up from the therapy center since he had texted her. Some woman wheeled him to the car, extra.

"Were you a pain in the ass?" Brooklyn asked knowing how he could get. He sucked his teeth as the woman laughed.

Brooklyn saw the way she kept eyeing Kevious and bit the corner of her lip.

"Okay I'll see you later Kevious."

He nodded and placed his attention on Brooklyn. She was side eyeing him real hard. She didn't have to say anything because her face said it all.

"I'll suck you up later Kevious." She mocked the girl.

"Don't start B."

Brooklyn laughed a bit before continuing to their home. She wasn't mad or anything, just found that hilarious.

Kevious on the other hand was real cautious. He was not trying to have any more problems so he made note to change his therapist.
:
:
Just had to fill my Morgan fans in, she may pop up again it depends.

Excuse any errors!❤️‍🔥