8

October 2016.

"Baby!"

Kevious rubbed his head, watching Lauren climb into bed with him. He ran his fingers through her hair watching her stare at him.

"What happened to my pills?"

Lauren just rubbed his chin, not responding at all. If she didn't respond then he wouldn't react all violently.

She let a few minutes pass before bringing up another topic.

"Kevious look." She said showing him pictures of some dog she wanted. She had been pressing him for the past week to get it for her.

He just didn't understand why she couldn't get it herself.

"Isn't he cute? Like why won't you just go and get him for me?"

"Yo you act like you can't go get it."

"I need you there with me because this you know how guys can be. If you don't want to protect me, just say that." She sat up and crossed her arms.

Kevious ran a hand over his face, slightly annoyed. Sitting up in the bed, he grabbed the phone and looked at the number.

"Where he at?"

"Newark. Are we going to get to get him?" She questioned with much excitement. Kevious nodded, and grabbed his phone.

He called the number and got the information about the dog and where to come. To make sure it was legit, he checked to see if others had gotten dogs from him.

Once that was handled, he and Lauren got into his truck and made their way to Newark.

Kevious wondered why she kept looking out of the window, he knew something odd was going on.

Each turn they made, she would look. Kevious grabbed himself a blunt and lit it.

"What you gone name this dog?" He questioned pulling the truck to the side of the road.

He could see the man at some steps, two dogs sitting on the steps behind him. Lauren smiled brightly eying the blue eyed French Bulldog.

"Light, because look at his eyes. Come on let's go get it!" She jumped out of the truck. Kevious followed her, eyeing his surrounding.

"You're Kevious? Come inside so we can talk about the needs and if you want to breed what to do."

Kevious followed the man inside while Lauren grabbed the puppy. He looked around the home, it was old fashioned and mad pictures of dogs on the wall.

Two women sat on the couch, eyeing him up and down. He just ignored them, watching the man grab the notebook.

He explained that the dog was damn near 2,000 dollars, and all of it's needs since it was a baby.

Kevious paid the money, and was about to leave until the front door was busted down.

Many police barged inside, immediately approaching him and slamming him down to the ground.

He could hear Lauren screaming, but also a ringing in his ears due to him hitting his head on the floor.

Groaning, he moved his hands around while traveling his eyes up to the supposed seller. He placed a badge in Kevious's face.

"You're under arrest. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can be..."

Kevious toned him out, his eyes immediately went on Lauren as the men carried him outside.

"Kevious I'm right behind you I promise!"

That was the last thing he heard her say before being shoved into the police car. As he sat in the backseat, he peered out of the window.