4

"Another day to roam the house while daddy is sleep."

Brooklyn placed the straps on Braylie to keep her from falling out of the carrier. They had to come by Kevious's place for his meds but he ended up taking a nap.

She got bored so she figured she'd tour the house.

She found a few empty rooms, one stood out to her.

It had many paintings on the wall, she became interested in what it was about.

Placing her attention on the first one, she smirked seeing it was an image of her lower body.

Of course his freaky ass would paint such image. Brooklyn was impressed, she figured he studied pussy since he knew how to work it well.

Moving her eyes over to the picture beside it, she saw that it was a flower. There were many paintings of black people he came up with in his head.

The image that caught her off guard was the one hidden off in the corner. She was about to about to grab it but ended up knocking over some paints cans.

"Shit." She whispered picking them up.

"Who you is?"

Brooklyn jumped, hearing the unusual voice. Slowly, she turned around to face the person.

It was a boy, he was just standing there all awkwardly. She assumed he was in the age range 14-16.

From the looks of it, he was also a burn survivor. She could see the scars on his hands, other parts of his body was covered.

"Uh I'm Brooklyn...how did you get in here?"

"The front door was open, I'm looking for my uncle Kevious. He don't live here no more? I sent a letter like two weeks ago."

His choice of words told her that he was a southern guy. She could understand him but that country accent was thick.

"I'm his girlfriend, whats your name?"

"Cj, you know where I can find him?"

"He's upstairs sleep, you can wait in the living room while I get him."

Brooklyn followed him out of the room and closed the door. Quickly, she walked upstairs to get Kevious.

He was in the bathroom brushing his teeth, once he saw her he looked over.

"You alright?"

"Yes, your nephew Cj is downstairs."

Kevious paused for a moment, his mind went blank. He hadn't saw his nephew since he was 10. It had been six years since then.

"You okay baby?"

Kevious came back to realization and nodded.

"Yeah."

Brooklyn followed him downstairs, a huge smile came across Cj's face. He was pretty tall, full of those Bakers genes.

"Carlos Jr, nigga you look like a grown ass man. Got a mustache and shit." Kevious pulled him into the hug.

The hug was full of love, Brooklyn couldn't help but smile.

"What can I say? The hoes love a man with facial hair."

Kevious laughed while Brooklyn looked past the two.

She saw the three suitcases which led to her assumption that came out to be true.

Cj explained that he got caught smoking and his grandparents kicked him out. He did admit to being a pain in the ass and they warned him countless times.