•ℐ𝓉 𝒽𝒶𝒹 𝓉ℴ 𝒷ℯ 𝒹ℴ𝓃ℯ•

Start from the beginning

"You realize this is the third time I've saved your life now?" Elijah continued when Damon didn't answer. I guessed Damon didn't even want to say anything. I doubted he would thank him. They just stared at each other for a while.
      Elijah afterwards turned around, took the moonstone and without any other word left.
      I rushed to Damon and helped him out of that chains and carefully get rid of that collar.

"Are you okay? OMG." I asked him frantically. He pulled me closer to him and tucked my hair behind my ears so he could look into my face. "I'm so so sorry, it's my fault. I'm so sorry," he apologized with his hands on my cheeks and pulled me in for a hug.

"It's not your fault, Damon," I assured him. It was clear he had not sent me the message to meet him. It were the werewolves.
      I hold him as tightly as I could and refused to let go of him. Finally I felt safe. I felt safe in his embrace. I didn't want him to let go of me.

---------☀️---------

"Okay, Georgie. It will be fine," I said to myself. James, as if he was reading my mind, stated, "It's going to be fine." I nodded and knocked on the door.

"Georgie?" Damon opened the door and looked at me surprised. "James," he sighed. "I told you to keep her away."

"What?" I frowned.

"It wasn't possible," James replied. They had become suspiciously close. When they had managed that? And of course I didn't know anything.

"Yes, I heard you're having a dinner and conveniently with Elijah, so I'm here. You didn't think I would stay home and do nothing, did you?" I walked pass him into the house. He closed the door behind James and walked over to me. "Jen, you have to leave. It's dangerous. You can't be here. All enough with those crazy werewolves yesterday," he was freaking out.

"Elijah won't hurt me. I and El have a deal with him," I announced.

"Yeah, a deal where you're going to die. So I would say it's not that good deal." And here it was. He pulled it out even though he had promised not to. We had had a huge argument because of it after the werewolves had left. Bonnie had called Damon and told him. She had gotten that information from Luca. She had used him. But that hadn't been essential.

"Wait what? What are you talking about?" James asked Damon, who ignored him and didn't take his eyes of off me. "What is he talking about?!" he turned to me. "Jo!" I looked at him sadly and sighed just to turn my attention back to Damon. "And what? I'm just trying to protect people I love, same Elena. It is our decision. So respect it for once," I said sternly and looked around searching for his new girlfriend. "And where's Andy, by the way?" I wanted to avoid James' question. I hadn't expected that he would ever find out. But he did. And I didn't know how to explain it. I had promised him I wouldn't die. Though apparently it was going to happen.

"You think you're protecting everyone, but in fact you don't, Jen. It's just a suicide mission," he almost yelled at me and totally ignored my question about Andy. Okay, so suddenly he was caring again. Once again he was able to express his feelings. How sad that it had to be just because of the detection of my plan, where I was going to die. Just then, just this one time. After that whole avoiding his true feelings, it had to be now.
      I opened my mouth to answer him, but the doorbell rang and the three of us looked to the door direction. Damon looked at me for a brief moment and then went to open the door. Elijah stood there in his suit looking noble as always.

"Just one moment," he remarked, when Damon invited him in. "Can I just say that if you have less than honorable intentions about how this evening is going to proceed, I suggest you reconsider."

"Elijah!" I walked up to Damon and greeted Elijah. "You don't need to worry," I assured him. "There is nothing dishonorable behind this calm, nice evening," I smiled at him, turned my head to Damon and smiled at him too. "Right, Damon?" He had looked at me surprised before he confirmed what I just said, "Of course, nothing dishonorable."