NINE

"Why are you always so stressed?" Dean asks me as he sets down his bag

"Maybe because the dead is walking around everywhere trying to eat people?" I offer.

"Oh, please. That's old news," Dean teases me as he throws me a bottle of water.

I catch the bottle and sigh, "I've just got a bad feeling about Daryl being out there by himself."

"He's a big boy, he'll be okay," he comforts me.

Daryl went out to look for Sophia without saying anything to us. He took a horse which is the only reason we found out he left. He's been gone for a day now and I'm stressed.

I wish he would of had me go with him.

"Go take your mind off of things and check on Carl," Dean suggests.

I nod, "okay."

I make my way towards the house until Maggie stops me, "I really need to talk to you."

I stop in my tracks, "okay, what's up?"

She pulls me inside the house and into the kitchen where no one else was.

Huh, this must be serious.

"So, Glenn and I went on a run together. We, uh, had sex," Maggie begins.

My jaw drops, "get it!"

"We went on another run," she continues and ignores my comment, "Lori needed abortion pills and I got attacked by those walkers in the process."

If my jaw could drop even more, it would be on the ground.

"Abortion pills?" I ask, in evident shock.

"She's pregnant," Maggie points out the obvious.

I wonder if Rick knows. Is it even Rick's baby?

I backtrack some, "are you okay? I know the first walker experience can be terrifying."

"It scared the absolute shit out of me but really woke me up of what it's really like out there," She explains.

I offer her a hug and she accepts it, "I'm glad you and Glenn are okay."

"I'm going to try to change my dad's mind to let you guys stay," she tells me.

Hershel has been so against us staying here. He wants us to leave his property as soon as Carl is healed. I'm not sure how long it will take but we don't have too much time left. We are still searching for Sophia and we are all getting stressed.

We are running out of time to find Sophia alive. I'm not sure where we will go if Hershel kicks us out.

"Thank you," I give her a soft smile, "we really appreciate it."

"I know you guys are good people. I can tell."

"Can you tell or are you just in love with Glenn?" I tease her.

Her cheeks turn a light pink and she pushes my shoulder jokingly.

A gunshot catches our attention and we both run out of the house together. I see Rick, Shane, T-dog, and Glenn coming towards the house with Daryl slumped over.

I gasp and run towards Rick, "what happened?"

"Andrea shot him thinking he was a walker," Glenn explains.

"Oh, I oughta shoot her," I say, instantly getting pissed.

I began to make my way over to the RV but Sam grabs my waist and throws me over his shoulder, "no you don't."

"She deserves it!" I gasp, trying to get out of his grip.

"She thought she was helping," Sam defends Andrea.

"I don't care! She shot Daryl!" I continue moving around in hopes he'd let go of me.

Sam sets me down in front of the Impala, "I need you to take deep breathes."

I try to focus on my brother and let go of my anger. Sam pulls me into his arms once I've calmed down enough and I press my forehead against his chest. His hugs always feel so different compared to Dean's since he's a giant. It must feel weird to Dean that his baby brother is taller than him.

Sam kisses the top of my head, "you get so worked up."

"I know. It's Dean's job to throw fits, not mine."

He lets out a soft laugh, "your job is to keep us sane."

"It's hard when I feel like I'm losing my mind," I admit.

"What's going on?" he asks, pulling me towards the hood of the car.

I take a seat on the hood next to him, "Lori is pregnant."

"what the hell?" Sam looks just as shocked as I feel.

"Yeah I know," I mumble.

"You're not pregnant too, right?" He asks.

"Sam! Of course not!" I groan, pushing him off the car.

"Just checking!" He defends himself with a laugh.

"Who's pregnant?" Dean asks, walking up to us.

"Eleanor," Sam answers with a wicked grin.

I groan again, "No i'm not!"

"Who's the father? I'm gonna kill him! Is it Daryl? He's already laying down. It'll be easy," Dean rants.

"Dean!" I exclaim at my brother, trying to get him to focus.

Dean begins to walk away towards the house as Sam dies of laughter.

"You two are ridiculous! I'm not pregnant!" I yell at them both which catches the attention of people close enough to hear me. That includes Rick.

We make eye contact but he quickly looks away and heads towards the camp.

I groan for the millionth time and lay back on the hood. I'm so confused on my stupid feelings.

Why would I care if Rick thinks I'm pregnant? It's not like we've done anything to admit our feelings for each other. I've done more with Daryl Dixon. I just know that Daryl will never be in a relationship with me, not that I think I even want one with him.