EIGHT

I sit beside Rick on the porch as Hershel, the owner of this house, is saving Carl's life

Rick gave his blood to save his son and now he's feeling weak. He's feeling weak physically and emotionally.

Dean, Sam, and Shane are all inside talking to the people of the house.

Maggie, the woman who first came out, went to get Lori and let the others know.

"Rick," I whisper to him softly.

He looks at me with a broken expression, "I let him get shot."

I shake my head and wrap my arm around his waist, "you didn't do this."

"I feel like I'm getting punished and so is my son," Rick admits.

"No. You're not getting punished. It was an accident. He's going to be okay," I tell him.

He leans his forehead against mine and stares into my eyes, "I'm getting punished."

I don't respond as I sit in silence with him. We break eye contact when Sam comes out. He clears his throat to get our attention.

"Ellie, come on," Sam tells me.

I nod in response and stand up to follow Sam back inside.

"What's going on between you two?" Sam asks me when we are alone.

"What are you talking about?" I ask, playing dumb.

"Ellie, he looks at you like you're the only person around," Sam states.

"He does not," I argue.

"Yes he does," Dean agrees with Sam when he walks into the room.

I groan, "nothing is going on between us. He's married."

"To a woman who is sleeping with his best friend," Dean points out.

"That doesn't matter," I tell them.

"It so does," Sam says.

"His son just got shot, we shouldn't be talking about this," I tell them, walking away from the dorks.

I pace back and forth in front of Daryl

I pace back and forth in front of Daryl. He just watches me as I rant

"There's something sketchy about Shane. If Otis really sacrificed himself, why did Shane have his gun?" I rant, "He even shaved his hair off like he was shaving his sins away."

Shane and Otis, the man who shot Carl, went on a run to get the supplies needed to save Carl. Shane came back alone with the supplies. It saved Carl but I think Shane is a liar. I can tell when someone's lying and he definitely was.

Hershel is allowing our group to stay while Carl heals. We are all camping outside of the house. Daryl set his tent up away from the rest of the camp.

"So you think Shane killed Otis?" Daryl asks me.

I nod, "definitely."

"That's a very interesting theory you have."

"Do you disagree?" I ask him.

"I didn't say that."

I groan and sit beside him on the ground. I can see the rest of the group from here. Sam and Dean are close to the impala, of course. Lori and Rick are on the porch. Andrea, Dale, Carol, and T-dog are by the camper. Im assuming that Glenn and Shane are in the house.

I let myself lay back on the grass. I stare up at the sky. I can't help but remember the demons that used to lurk this world. The ghosts and other creatures that I have came face to face with.

Now i'm stuck with a crazy amount of dead people roaming the earth. I desperately wish my dad or Bobby was here.

They always had answers.

Sam and Dean are just as lost as I am. Sammy got his heartbroken again and that only makes me afraid to get close to someone like that.

"What are you thinking about?" Daryl asks me, laying back with me.

"My life before this," I answer honestly.

"What was Eleanor Winchester's life like before this?" He asks in a teasing tone.

"I used to hunt the supernatural," I tell him.

"You're joking, right?"

"Nope."

"Huh."

I face toward him and pull down the collar of my shirt to show him my tattoo, "this is to ward off any demons from entering my body."

"Like possession?" Daryl asks, brushing his fingertips against my tattoo.

"Exactly. No demonic presence can possess me."

"Either you're completely nuts or you're telling the truth," he mumbles.

"I'm definitely nuts but I'm also telling the truth," I cover the tattoo back up.

"How did you get into this?" he asks.

"Sam and Dean's mom was killed by a demon. He's called the yelled eyed demon. Our dad become a hunter after that. He taught us everything we know."

"Where's your dad now?"

"Dead."