twenty four. i am a derry girl

024

024.    i am a derry girl

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━  

WALKING INTO THE QUINN HOUSEHOLD, Fallon was greeted with a cup of tea in her face from Mary Quinn, who seemed amused by something but the girl didn't ask what.

"Thanks, Mary." She thanked her as sipped the tea. 

Mrs Quinn scanned over the girls face and gave her a soft smile, "It's no problem, love."

Fallon walked on over to Erin and Orla and took the empty spot that Sarah had left besides her daughter. Just as she sat down, the Quinn's doorbell rang and with a yell from Mary, Michelle, James and Cathy entered.

"All right?" Michelle excitedly entered the kitchen.

The curly haired girl made her way over to the three girls, where she instinctively placed herself down onto Fallon's lap. Fallon gave her a squeeze on the thigh as Michelle just smirked and took the cup of tea out of her girlfriends hand and took a sip herself.

"I hope you don't mind, Mrs Quinn, but..." James happily pointed behind him at his mother.

"Ach, Cathy, it's yourself." Sarah breathed out in shock as Mary walked on over to her sister and Cathy.

"Long time, girls."

"It is indeed." Mary said unimpressed with the woman.

"And fair play to you, Cathy. You've kept them eyebrows shipshape, so you have," Sarah admired the woman's eyebrows as her sister gave her a look. "Credit where credits due."

"Ach, your too kind, Sarah." Cathy took the compliment with a smug smile.

"I'm serious, they're in great nick. That must be some comfort to you."

"I'm sorry?"

"We heard about your wee divorce," Sarah explained to the woman. "Nightmare."

"Yeah, it was a difficult decision, but Paul, my ex, well, he just became so controlling."

Mary widened her eyes. "Jesus. Really?"

"He was unbearable towards the end, it was always 'Oh, Cathy, why did you stay out all night?' Or, 'who was that man you were having dinner with, Cathy' He was very insecure."

"Wonder why." Mary sarcastically breathed out, not feeling so sorry for her anymore.

"James' father was the same. I just seem to attract the possessive, jealous types. I don't know what it is." Cathy told them and James' smile dropped from his face at his mothers words.

"They eyebrows."

"Anyways, I hate to impose on you, but I need to make a quick call, and unbelievably, my sister doesn't have a phone