twenty one. prom

021

021.    prom

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━  

THE GROUP AND TEENS WERE SAT ON ONE of the benches, in a row, waiting for Mae to turn up so they could go dress shopping for prom. Unluckily, sitting wasn't just what Clare and Erin were doing. The two girls had been arguing from opposite ends of the bench as soon as they sat down.

"I hate to do this, Clare," Erin repeatedly apologised to the blonde girl, who seemed to be pissed with her friend. "I said it's fine," Clare snapped. "Really?" Erin asked disbelievingly. 

"I'm happy for you," Clare told her but didn't sound like what she told the girl. "Okay, it's just you don't sound happy for me," Erin pointed out. "Well, I am. I'm over the moon." She hissed out.

Fallon cracked a smile up at Michelle. The brunette had been telling rather shitty jokes to her which resulted to her having a small smile, making Michelle over the moon herself. It made her extremely happy to see Fallon smile genuinely after the last couple of days. Michelle didn't know what was going on with her yet, but she knew Fallon would tell her eventually. 

Erin smile proudly. "Great, because me and John Paul are just at a really crucial point in our relationship."

Michelle looked away from Fallon and towards Erin. "You've strong armed him into taking you to the prom, Erin. Doesn't mean you're in a relationship." She denied. 

"We'll see about that." Erin huffed out.

"Hiya," Mae arrived in front of them all with a very happy smile on her face. "So this is where the gays hang out, is it?" Which made the five of the awkwardly chuckle and Fallon roll her eyes at her. "What's happening?"

"Erin's just sacked Clare as her prom date so she can take a fella she fancies." Michelle explained as she rolled her eyes.

Mae looked over at the blonde, judgingly. "Bad craic, Erin. Very bad craic."

"That's not true," The girl denied. "Isn't it?" James turned to her with a look. "Well, I mean, there is some truth in it but-" 

"Come with me," Mae cut Erin off as she looked at Clare. "Really?" Clare's face lit up. "Really?" Erin questioned. "Really," Mae confirmed. "It'll be a laugh and I'm definitely an upgrade. Just a wee joke, there."

Michelle and Fallon shared a look as Erin dully replied, "Yeah, it was. It was dead funny."

"What do you say?" Mae turned to Clare. "Sounds good to me." Clare happily said. "Great. All sorted." Mae confirmed as Orla leant on Clare's shoulder, happy for her.

"You know, when I said go with May," Fallon muttered as she looked up to Mae. "I didn't mean this one. I mean May Donnelly."

Before Clare could reply, Mae did. "May Donnelly's a lesbian?"