seven. the wee russian

007

007.    the wee russian

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━  

THE USUAL TEN MINUTE WALK TO THE QUINNS felt so much shorter than usual, maybe because all on her mind was her best friend. Michelle Mallon had clouded Fallon's thoughts completely. Millions of thoughts and feeling, that ranged from one end to another. Like for example, 'Michelle is so pretty' to 'that's you're best friend, you can't think of her like that' and so on.

"Motherfuckers!" She shouted as the view of her friends came in view.

James, Michelle and Clare whipped their heads around at the familiar voice. They stood waiting for her as she quickly walked up to them. "Michelle, Clare, James." She smiled at them all.

Michelle draped her arm around the girls waist. "Where's the little one?" She asked, referring to Teagan.

"Oh, dropped her off at Siobhan's," Fallon said as she pointed at James behind. "Said she'd have a heart attack if she saw the funny looking fella again."

Michelle hummed with a nod. "Makes sense."

After a knock on the door, the Quinn's front door opened and Gerry stood there with a small smile onto his face. "Hey, girls." 

"Can we go see the wee Russian?" Fallon asked as Gerry looked back at Mary who nodded. "The Russian's upstairs, girls!" She shouted at them from the kitchen.

They all walked past him and into the house as they followed Michelle up the stairs, towards Erin's room. Michelle didn't bother to knock and pushed the door open,  the four of them poking their head in. "Your Ma said we could come look at the Russian." Michelle announced.

"Ukrainian." Erin corrected, rolling her eyes.

"Is this her?" Michelle rhetorically asked.

"Isn't she cracker?" Orla smiled, staring at the girl. "She's half mine."

"No, she's not, Orla."

"Aye, she is. Mammy said so."

"You're so lucky, Erin," Michelle sighed. "I begged my Ma to let me have one, but she said we've got no room now that my dickhead, ballbag, English prick of a cousin's moved in," She said with hatred in her voice. "I'm talking about you, James, if you're wondering."

James frowned and nodded his head. "Yeah, that much was clear. Thanks, Michelle."

Fallon nudge the English boy and gave him a small smile. "She loves you really."