thirteen. the protestants

013

013.    the protestants

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━  

SUMMER IN DERRY HAD FLEW BY, like, no joke. The sun barely never came to the town nor did the rain, it was just quite mid. But summer didn't end just yet as Fallon was going off to a trip on some 'friends across barricades' retreat.

That was the day when the sun hit. The day she was going on the trip. Erin was the one that signed them up for it as the main point for her friends to go was for fit Protestant boys, which wasn't really on Fallon's interest list. Michelle Mallon was on her interest list.

After she accidently revealed to Clare that she was somewhat in love with the girl, Fallon and Clare had become closer over the summer. More because they understood each other better. But after last term, Erin and Michelle had put more of an effort for being an ally for Clare. The two girls brought pride pins for the whole group to wear.

The dirty-blonde had picked up another job that summer, meaning she'd have three, but she quit the newspaper after her new job. One at Fionnula's and one at a little bookshop. It was near Dennis' wee shop and in all honestly, she loved it. It was quite cute. 

Two days a week, Wednesday and Thursday. And strangely, the pay was quite good. Fallon had a feeling it was because of Jenny Joyce and her lot coming to the book shop almost every other day, which was the only thing she liked about Jenny. Plus Clare seemed to be their quite often so she wasn't all that lonely.

So on Saturday nights, Fallon and Michelle would meet up after she'd finished her shift at the chippy and they'd go get drinks. Whether they'd go to a party or just sit on the streets of Derry, always on a Saturday night, they'd go drinking.

Every Saturday, Fallon and Michelle would stumble into her house and practically pass out on the sofa. And on Sunday morning, Michelle would just stay the whole day. That was their every week routine. Without fail. It was even better as her younger sister, Teagan, also fell into a routine on Saturday and Sunday. She'd always stay at her friends for the two days and come back home for the weekdays.

Unfortunately, this Saturday wouldn't be like her usual ones. No, instead she had to get up bright and early to go to friends across the barricades. Fallon didn't understand the point of befriending the Protestants. She just wanted to go back to bed.

Currently, she was making her way to the Quinn's, with Teagan walking besides her. The girl would be staying with Sarah and Mary until she returned back from friendship making. 

"You look like shit."

Fallon rolled her eyes at the familiar voice and looked back at her. "Good day to you too, Michelle."

The two cousins caught up to the two siblings as they approached the Quinn's gate. Michelle jumped on to the girls back, with a wide smile. "Cheer up, we're gonna ride some Protestants!" She cheered as she pressed the doorbell.