|46|

Victoria

"I didn't want everything to happen this way," I started to say. "I wanted us to maybe have a more private conversation somewhere else and then I would have shown you Rafael but I guess that will do."

Pedri kept staring outside but I saw his hands close together and his jaw clenched.

"Pedri..."

"Did I deserve this? Did I do anything to make me deserve this? Five years. Were you planning to ever tell me?" Pedri said with a dark tone.

He looked into my eyes, into my soul with his burning stare. He wasn't just angry, he was furious, that he was going to lose it. No...he already was losing it.

"In front of the whole world, that's how I met my son and everyone fucking knew about him, Vic!" Pedri screamed.

Vic. I closed my eyes because it was too painful for me to be looked at by Pedri this way. The man I always loved and changed my life for the better.

"I'm..."

"Don't you dare say fucking sorry! This is not a situation where you can say sorry!" The man that I didn't recognize screamed and hit the desk with his fist.

I jumped because I somehow didn't expect that from him.

"What was I supposed to do Pedri? What should I have fucking done? I was alone the whole time. What should I have done, tell me! Tell me!" I yelled from the top of my lungs.

I didn't care if everyone outside could hear us if there was even anyone in the hallway.

"Oh, so it's my fault now that you left. You, Victoria! You are the one who left me and never came back until our child is what? Five years old? What kind of mother are you?" Pedri stared into my eyes with that death stare of his. He brushed his fingers in his hair and took a deep breath even if he couldn't.

His words planted a thousand knives in my heart. I looked at him in complete disbelief. My eyes watered and I realized that Pedri didn't know anything I'd been through.

"You cheated on me with Camila! Don't you fucking remember? Don't you think that's a reason enough to have left? What would you have done if I cheated on you?" I screamed at him louder than he ever did.

Pedri stared at me. I could feel both our pain screaming from the inside. We stayed silent, looking at each other. Healing and breaking at the same time.

"I was drunk Victoria. You never let me explain myself. I was out of my mind. You left me that week when I loved you the most..."

Loved. Not love.

I heard someone open the door and I turned around to face Sira and Rafael. I immediately wiped my tears as I looked at Pedri, whose gaze softened as he looked at his son. He was looking at him with such loving eyes.

"Mom! I want to stay with you," Rafael screamed with joy.

Only if he knew what had been going on in this room.

Sira looked at me worried as I faked a smile to reassure her and grabbed Rafael in my arms. Pedri was watching me the whole time but this time with a look that I hadn't seen for 5 years.

"He looks like the picture of Dad," my son says as he points at Pedri whose eyes shifted to Rafael and then back at me.

I looked back at Sira who was still waiting at the door with a sad look on her face.

What was I supposed to say to Rafael now? I thought he wasn't going to recognize Pedri but he did.

"I know right," I said to my son with a fake excited voice. "He looks like him but it's not. I told you daddy works somewhere far away and we can't see him now," I said looking back at Pedri who was now looking sad.