|14|

Victoria

I walk back to my office and guess what...Esteban was waiting for me. What a surprise.

"I want you to remember something, my love," he whispered in my ear. I felt chills go climbing down my spine. "If I ever see you with Pedri or even near him, I will hurt him so much that you will regret even meeting him, okay?"

"You're only mine, Victoria," he said before leaving.

He walked out of the room and I fell on my chair.  My legs lost their strength and I was left with nothing. I knew Esteban was dead serious. I knew him. He was going to hurt Pedri if I ever get near him. I had to protect Pedri. It was my only option.

I took a brief moment to regain my thoughts and I went back to work, ignoring once again all my feelings and everything that happened. When I noticed it was already lunch break, I called Sira. I wasn't hungry after everything that happened so I used that break to explain to her everything that happened. She was speechless.

"And Pedri? What? He just walked away?" She screamed through the phone.

"Sira, forget Pedri now. Esteban will hurt him if I even think about him," I said scared of the possibility of Pedri getting hurt.

"He will just fight him and that's it?" My best friend said as if it was nothing.

"Fight him? He is ready to fucking break both of his legs so that he will never be able to touch a ball ever. Don't you know Esteban?" I asked her out of breath.

"You're right sis. I'm sorry. I can talk to Ferran and figure out something."

"Don't. Please don't. You will make it worst. Don't say anything, Sira, please. There is nothing to solve anymore."

"I promise. Okay, I won't say anything. I promise."

I trusted Sira with my life so I knew she wasn't lying.

"Thank you," I said to her desperate.

I guess I was right last night when I said Pedri and I...impossible.

Pedri

My legs walked me back to the gym but didn't stop there. My mind told me to go to the changing room, grab my things and leave this place. It felt easy to leave Victoria because she left me first so it was going to be easy to walk away from training today. I felt someone follow me and I hoped it wasn't Victoria because she was the last person I wanted to see right now, or ever.

I was happy when it turned out to be Pablo wondering why was I leaving. I explained to him briefly what happened and his jaw dropped to the floor.

"What is so surprising? Don't you know this girl Pablo? Even when her boyfriend cheats on her, she acts all stupid and goes back to him," I said while faking a laugh, trying to heal the wound in my heart.

Pablo didn't say anything. He just hugged me and taped my back gently.

I wasn't sorry for myself. I was only sorry for my mother, who I promised that I would protect Victoria and take care of her. I guess that's a broken promise.

Victoria and I...it was too good to be true.

Victoria

I spend the rest of the day finishing all my work and tasks before heading home. For the first time, I wanted to go to the club, the plan we made yesterday night when Esteban was still disappeared from my life. I wondered if Pedri was still going to come, even after everything that happened today because I should be prepared to stay away from him. For his safety.