14- Before the engagement.

Start from the beginning

"No Jiju, you're staying, no arguments. That's it" We heard Ghanakshi's voice coming from the entrance of dining room and she sat on the dining table.

"Now I need to stay, I can't say no to my cutest Saali sahiba." He said and everyone chuckled.

Here, I was hell nervous with my parents and him sitting together and everyone having a dinner like a family. I wished it was like my parents were thinking, but it was nothing but a deception, a lie and an act. Act to make them feel normally happy. He seemed natural in it.

I was playing with my spoon and was not able to have even a morsel out of nerves.

"Gudiya, eat." I heard my father's voice and started eating. Finishing my breakfast, I got up to leave when I heard Vedansh say "Shall I accompany too?"

"No, what would you do there?" I immediately refused.

"Gudiya, is this the way you talk? Take him with you. You can go Jamaisa." My father scolded me and ordered me to take him along.

I glared at him but nonetheless.

"Come, I'll be waiting in the car."

Vedansh's pov:

Finishing my breakfast, as fast as possible, I followed her to the car and she was about to sit on the driver's seat, when I asked her to pass me the keys "You're injured. Let me drive."

She looked at me suspiciously and said "Male ego, right,couldn't let a women drive." She threw the keys and said "Just because you're a guest."

"You get healed, and married to me, I'll make you my chauffeur." Saying so I sat on the driver's seat and she sat on the passenger seat.

"Want to hear some music." I asked her.

"No"

"Okay, where are We going?" and she entered the location in the GPS.

Why was she pissed off now?

"What work do you have?"

"Can't you keep quiet." She looked really dangerous and decided to keep my mouth shut.

We reached the location and it was an orphanage.

She entered inside and I followed her.

In the hall she asked me to wait here and entered the trust member's room.

I was waiting while I saw a girl, probably 9 years old, I don't know, crying. She was really cute and I couldn't see her crying.

"Why are you crying, Baby?" I asked her to which she didn't reply and started staring me as if evaluating something.

"What happened? " I again tried and this time was successful as she spoke still crying a bit. "No, Devi didi said not to talk to strangers. I won't tell you."

"Ohh... And what about us doing friendship?" I tried to make her trust me.

But she looked behind me and her eyes lit up immediately like hundreds of fireflies were just in her eyes. She ran towards the direction and I saw Devanshi, whom she hugged.

Now, they were having a conversation.

"What happened, Amu?" She asked the girl.

"Everyone was calling me Amma and they also said I won't become a doctor." She expressed the reason of her sadness.

"Oyee, you know the rule right. We don't listen to people who make fun of others. Hmm?" She was trying to make her understand something. Now this was interesting.