7

After Aleksandr drops me off home I go upstairs to check on mom

After Aleksandr drops me off home I go upstairs to check on mom. When I went inside her room she wasn't there, I checked her bathroom and closet and she wasn't there.

"Mom?" I went to my room and found her sitting there folding laundry. "Oh Cara you're home!" I sighed in relief at seeing her. She looks pale, I go sit next to her and hug her.

"I missed you Cara, my little girl." I'm going to cry if she keeps saying things like this. "What are you doing mom?" She furrowed her eyebrows, "doing your laundry. Is that a problem?" I shook my head and kissed her forehead.

"Cynthia I love you mi amore. I just wanted to do something for you. I'm sorry if I invaded your personal space." I looked at her confused.

"What no mom it's okay, I was just worried I couldn't find you that's all. Umm I wanted to ask you, Olivia invited me to a party can I go?" She smiled and clapped.

"Yes you can, I'm sick and tired of you wallowing in your room, it's stinks of depression in here. you're seventeen Cynthia enjoy your teenage years." My mouth dropped at her comments, it's does not stink of depression in here.

"Oh can I help you get ready! I was putting your clothes away and saw the perfect dress." She stands up slowly and walks to my closet and brings out my red mini dress.

"You'll have the boys falling at your feet!" There was a throat clearing and we both yelped. We looked at my door and see my dad leaning on it. "She'll have no boys falling at her feet, zero contact with boys Cynthia." I groan and hug my dad.

"Hi amore. Come here." My dads eyes soften when they look at mom. One day I'll find a love like theirs. I sit on my vanity and start doing my makeup, music playing from my speakers.

My parents are laying on my bed laughing and whispering to each other. I look at them through my mirror smiling to myself. These are the moments I hold special to my heart. Mom starts singing and me and dad both wince at her terrible singing.

She knows she's horrible but does it on purpose. Soon we all join in and I finished curling my hair and step into my restroom to change. When I come out my mom claps and motions for me to turn. I do as told and wait for her response.

"Perfetto, sei stupenda Cara." I smile and hug my mom. She hugs me tightly and whispers into my ear how much she loves me.

I hug my dad who warns me to stay away from boys. "I'm putting on my shoes when there's a knock on my door. My dad gets ups to answer it and is greeted by Matteo, "sir there's a young man waiting for Cynthia." My dad narrows his eyes at me and I just shrug my shoulders innocently.

He helps mom up to her feet and they both slowly descend the stairs. I grab my heels putting them on quickly and look at myself one more time before going downstairs.

I go down stairs and stare at the sight in front of me. Mom is hugging Aleksandr and Dimitri while my dad shakes Dimitri's hand with a smile.

"Cynthia you didn't tell us you were friends with Ronans kids. Now these are boys you could be around." I scoff and smile at my dad, these are boys I should be far away from especially that arrogant one.