Chapter 22 - Going 'home'

Once everything was settled, Splinter and Draxum decided to take the boys home to take care of them for a bit, they meet April on the way back, because the two dads ran so fast to save their sons, she ended up getting lost and left behind for a good while, in the meantime, Huginn and Muninn (I just found out I was probably writing it wrong this whole time ;w;) arrive home after a long day of searching just to find their home in shambles once again, they both rushed inside to check for Michael, the two met up with Draxum on the way and gladly, he still had Michael in his arms, the father and son just clung into eachother since they reunited, Draxum specially was carrying Michael around like a little boy, he was sitting in his arms, holding onto his father like a baby monkey clinging to his mama.

Michael was quiet the whole time, he was still crying a bit af first, only relieved to be on his father's warmth again, Leo and the others had a lot of questions for the two of them, but the father, son and two uncles were quite busy sharing a moment amongs themselves, so even when they tried to talk with them, it would probably fall on deaf ears or be considered a nuisance, and after the turtles heard from Michael about how he felt like they are responsible for separating him from his family, they didn't felt like interrupting their moment, so they waited until they got to the sewers home and settled down for them to talk with Michael and his... their father.

They checked up on Leo, nursing his minor injuries and stitching some of the deeper cuts he got from Michael's spear, the little box turtle was still clinging to his dad and refused to let go for even a moment, not letting the other turtles get too close to touch him, so in the end, Draxum had to take his son to the other room to examine Michael by himself since his son was still untrusting of his siblings, just then, when the two were alone in the living room of the lair, Michael was finally able to relax and loose his father from his anxious embrace, Donatello handed the first aid kit to Draxum in the door and sat by the room, waiting for the two to come out, and so did the rest ofthe Hamato clan, they all sat by the door and waited, Draxum knew what was gonna happened and tried to explain the situation to his  beloved son, who was a bit scared about it but followed his father's request regardless of his own feelings, if he said it was okay...

Michael just hopes they'll be safe, he would never question his father's judgment on something, but the eary memory of how both of them deposited their trust on the Foot Clan, just so then they would betray them and try to kill them both, the idea that the same thing could happen again makes Michael anxious, the Hamato Clan had more than plenty reasons to dislike them or wanting the two of them out of the picture, specially after the ruckus Michael caused, he felt their eyes staring at his family, it was a bit scary, so much so that he refused to be away from his father for even a minute, or be in the same room as those weirdos for a long time, it might have been easy to take one of them down before, but if all three brothers attack at once, he'd be a goner, the rat is awkward too, suposedly, he should be like a second father to him, but since they don't even know wachother properly, being around him is just awkward.

Once Michael was treated, he stepped out of the room while still holding his father's hand and hiding behind his big figure with a resentful face, like a guard dog preparing to attack anything that seemed like a threat, it was very off-putting, but the Hamato family didn't let it destroy their relationship, they were still relatively determined to become a family to him, Draxum tried to give his son a little push towards their extended family, but Michael's insecurities would get the better of him and he'd freak out and panic, thinking his father might be trying to get rid of him for some reason, it didn't matter what the reason was, or if there even was one, Michael had just developed a pretty bad separation anxiety and any push he received towards anyone but his father felt almost the same as if someone was pointing a knife at him, he was just too afraid of letting his dad go and watch him go missing again.

But with time, slowly but surely, he started to cling onto Draxum less and less as he grew closer to the others, he still kept a close watch over his father at any given chance and still slept in his bed every once in a while, but nothing much, he started learning the new ways of living in that peaceful enviroment and started to let go of his constant spartan like mentality, thanks to April, he started to learn more about humans and grew some sympathy for the being he once hated with a burning fury, it was a long process for him to fully accept the new reality he was in, and he didn't completely let go of some of his old habits, but they were still manageable and not that much of a big deal, Draxum only grew prouder and prouder of his little sunshine, watching him grow and adapt no matter the situation.

And so, they all became a big happy family, since Draxum made the favor of wrecking their house AGAIN, they simply decided to move to New York's undergrounds, their inicial plan was to live in the same abandonned subways that Splinter and his children found while hiding from the Shredder, but during the moving process, they started spending a few nights at the sewer lair, which distracted them from completing the task, but theyeventually did move out of the sewer home to live a few blocks away, nothing to far, but then... after 2 years and a near world ending, heart wrentching and traumatizing alien invasion later, the sewer home was completely destroyed, which made Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello and Splinter move in with Michael and Draxum in their subway home, there were a lot of vacant rooms (wagons) to spare, so in the end, everyone got their own customizable bedroom where they could enjoy themselves in the fullest, there was even a room just for April, and later on, Casey jr.

Draxum learned to love the chaotic and lively enviroment that he now called home, carrying his big family's name with pride, and at some point, he and his ex enemy, Lou Jitsu / Splinter, ended up falling for eachother and after a long and a bit awkward relationship, they oficialized themselves as a married couple to (mostly) the happiness of all.

(So, I took a long time to pubish this chapter because of my emotional sake... sadly... this is the last chapter, I don't think I can stretch this story for much longer without making it jaded, but if you want more chapters of this fic, give me a sugestion for a new chapter in the comments and I'll see what I can do, but as for the main canon story, it's done, thank you all so much for reading this far and I really hope you enjoy some of my other works which I'm currently working on, I love this community and I look forward to make many more works, thank you all foryour support.)