Chapter 13 - Fighting demons

After talking with their ancestors, Raph, Leo, Donnie and April are prepared to face that beast, Splinter had hope and trusted his children that they'd be alright, the four dash to the hidden city to find and defeat the Shredder, not knowing that he was already in the surface looking for them, they go to Big Mama for help, maybe she has some mystical artifact that they can use on the demon, when they arrive, she welcomes them with not the usual sassy and snarky personality, but with a cold and quite a resenting anger, they try not to mention it to not rub her bad attitude towards them in her face but it's clear that the change of dynamic really shook their mood, she reluctantly agrees to help, handing them one her artifacts that should be able to restraint him well enough so they can take Shredder down, they can still feel the tense atmosphere even after leaving the office.

Michael, meanwhile, was eavesdropping on them, listening to their chat through the vents, he wanted to just barge in and beat the green out of those guys, but he stayed calm and relaxed to not do anything stupid and bring any trouble to Big Mama, she was doing so much for him afterall, he didn't want to abuse the hospitality of the fantastic hostess, he was told by her to stay low until everything is figured out, he never left the room she put him in, he was following orders basically, it feels like an instinct, he was always obedient to his father, but since he lost him, his brain is trying to adjust it's old habits to the current scenario, seeing where each part fits in this puzzle, he still tries to keep the same routine as he always had at home, always eating the same amount of meals, practicing the se exercises, doing the same activities, Big Mama picked up on these patterns and did the best she could to provide him everything to make him comfortable.

Even if he felt an immense urge to follow them, meet the monster that took away his dad and face him heads on, but he was told to stay, so what could he... would... would Big Mama let him join the fight? What if he asks? He's got nothing to lose for trying, he goes down to her office, kicking the door open.

🟠 - "M-MISS MAMA!!! I HAVE A REQUEST TO MAKE!!"

💜 - "Oh?... you do? That's great! What do you wish for, darling boy?"

She asks gently, happy that he's getting more open and energetic as he used to.

🟠 - "I... I... I-I WANNA FIGHT THE SHREDDER!!"

Big Mama's smile drops, a face of shock washed over her.

💜 - "Y-you... the... what?!"

🟠 - "I wanna help the hamato clan in the fight!! I know I can help, I wanna avenge my dad! I don't want to sit on the sidelines like a bum!!!"

💜 - "Little one, that beast is very dangerous. It's not like the enemies you fought in here!"

🟠 - "I was always craving an actual challenge! Maybe this is my chance, if I win a fight like that, my father would be so proud!!! Just imagine all of the_

💜 - "NO."

🟠 - "..."
💜 - "..."

🟠 - "What do you mean?.... no?"

💜 - "I... you won't be fighting that monster."

🟠 - "But why?! Give me reason! A good one!! Name a reason why shouldn't I put my life into erasing that monster out of reality!!!"

💜 - "Your father wouldn't want that! Putting your life at risk to fix his stupid mistake! I would never forgive myself if I'd let you out there to fight and you never made back."

🟠 - "I'm not a stupid kid anymore! I can fight for myself. He needs me! My dad needs me!"

💜 - "You're too important to lose, how would your father react if you die out there?"

🟠 - "I'm not!! You know I'm strong! Why are you holding me back?!"

💜 - "You don't understand how dangerous that demon truly is."

🟠 - "NEITHER DO YOU!!! OR ANYONE FOR THAT MATTER! WE NEED TO TAKE THAT THING DOWN BEFORE IT GETS US FIRST!!"

💜 - "I see your point, but we must... do you feel that...?"

The ground began to shake, for a moment, silence and peace, just so a second later, the Shredder's claw erupted from the floor causing a massive damage, destroying the whole room and tearing the glass wall open, exposing it to the shine of the moon outside, the impact of power sent the two back like an eplosion, the wrecks fell on Michael and Big Mama, she was knocked out and pinned to the floor in her human form under a piece of concrete, probably brought from the lower floor, Michael's memories come to haunt him, his father dying screams as the Shredder's power consumed him, he saw Big Mama passed out on the floor and panicked, he sprinted to her in tears trying to wake her up, thinking she was dying, she was fine, just unconscious, but he didn't knew that, he's no paramedic, he doesn't know what to do, he hears the demon's wrathful roar and looks out the window to see that creature putting up a hell of a fight for the Hamato family, he felt the grief and rage flood his body as he just charged in for the conflict.

Michael's barely able to land a hit on that monster before being knocked away into an unstable building that nearly falls on top of him, no one was there, nobody even notice him, no one saw what happened, he sees the ceiling turning back and he passes out, he feels his body being moved around, despite his closed eyes, he can sense a light, it's hot, very hot, he slowly wakes up and looks around, searching for the Shredder, Michael's weakened by his injuries, specially a huge scratch he got on the top of his shell during the impact, gladly, it isn't bleeding, and it doesn't seem to be too serious, just a scratch mark on his back, it won't kill him, he keeps moving despite the pain he felt on his body, he felt an familiar energy, he couldn't explain it, it was like a magnet, it dragged him to it, like a trance, a song from a syren.