Chapter 3 - Raising battles

As time went by, Draxum started to get more used with the presence of the small child, he was kind of stubborn at times, but he still behaved his orders when he was serious about it, he could go by his days as if nothing much has changed, Michael was easy to entertain, so anything Draxum would give him could keep him busy or distracted enough to not bother him papa for a while, the company of that young boy really gave a little light to the life of that grumpy man, like a small sun that shines the brightest in the dark.

Draxum was only able to perform smaller scale experiments and tests on his son after the age of 5, after he started to show signs of having magic/mystic powers, like training him on combat and teaching him about what they stand for and how humanity is a filthy and greedy specie, but never making it too obvious about his plans of actually erasing the human race, just reenforcing the bad side of their existence enough to make michael's perception of them a really bad one.

Years passed, Michael is turning 12 soon, and Draxum thinks it's finally time to put him in a real battlefield to see his improvement as a warrior and his performance on a battle, he found out about the Battle Nexus and scheduled a meeting with the owner of the place, Big mama, a giant spider yokai that hosted the Battle Nexus and the Nexus Hotel, she was happy to receive the offer of such a promising champion, the thrill of both Draxum and Big Mama began to rise as the small turtle entered the arena, even though Draxum was still a bit worried about the outcome of this fight, while Big mama was more curious about what would happen.

After a big monster-like champion walked in the arena, waving to the crowd with pride, before looking at the tiny boy standing right in front of him, looking up at him with a cute pair of round eyes that sparkled innocence and youthful happiness, the champion was... shocked, to say the least, he looked around, looked back at the kid, and then asked:

🔷️- "So... uhhh... is THAT my opponent?"

🟠- "Yes, I am!"

🔷️- "but you're a... I... no, I won't fight a child! What sort of fool do you take me for, you Spider hag?!"

🟠- "Hey!! Show some respect to Ms. Mama!!! You disrespectful Titan!!"

🔷️- "What the... Why are you yelling at me? I'm trying to save you!!"

🟠- "It sounds like someone's scared~ I didn't know I would have to face off with a COWARD!!"

🔷️- "WHAT DID YOU SAY?!?!"

So yeah... the anger moved the big man-baby that tried to smash the turtle with a massive punch, but with Michael's speed, he quickly dodged to the side and jumped over to the top of the champion's head and used his mystic chains to tie both his legs together, frustated with having his legs tied, the champion tried to fight and jump out of the chain trap, but the turtle was smart and fast, jumping in front of the enemy and wraping his wrists around with more chains, and by controling the chains, Michael was able to incapacitate his opponent by trapping his limbs together, he makes the guy fall on his back and ridicules him for being on that position, by laughing and mocking him while he was almost crying of embarrassed.

Draxum was completly blown away by what he saw, his small child effortlessly took down the current champion of the Battle Nexus, the goal of this fight in specific was to imobilize the other participant and end the battle peacefully, Michael was told that and did exactly what he was told, his peformance was stellar and he followed all his teachings narrowly, all the lessons he ever taught him... he learned so fast, Draxum is unbelievably proud of Michael as he grows up, Draxum can't help it and sheds tears of joy while watching his beloved creation being cheered on by the audience with a big smile stamped on his face.

Big mama was also pretty impressed with the show she just witnessed, a tiny little turtle-boo was able to defeat such a big opponent with ease, he was fast and smart, not even needing much physical strength, he also had a clear fire in his heart, an energetic flame of youth that shined with the desire of fighting, it felt like destiny, a rising champion, she never felt so excited about a fight since Lou Jitsu quitted, so that episode was so refreshing, a brand new start is coming to her life.

At the end of the night, Draxum and Big Mama are talking about his son and how amazing he was, little Michael defeated about 7 or 8 fighters, winning all of the battles, and is now sleeping on his father's head while the adults walk across the facility on their way out, they talk for almost a hour before the final goodbyes, Draxum walks out of the Hotel and carefully picks up his son from his head to check up on him, he's fine, he was able to get out of all those fights without a single scratch, it's impressive, but even then, most of them didn't put up as much of a fight since they were all skeptical about dueling a child, but it seems like that's just something he took advantage of to defeat them all more quickly, Draxum smiles at his baby boy and carries his little champion home, feeling like the proudest man in all of existence.

Meanwhile, Splinter I having a hard time with his sons, they were always nice but if was getting difficult for him as time went on, they were growing up, getting curious, getting temperamental, and it can be really tough to be a single father of 3 young boys who can't sit still for more than 5 minutes, but overtime, they learned how to be... a little more obedient, by the time they turned 14 (Raph), 13 (Donnie) and 12 (Leo), Splinter was able to go out more frequently or for a longer time since Raphael was now big enough to take care of his younger siblings while he's gone, he is getting the hang of being the one in charge but with the help of his father he learns fast, his younger bros can be really hard headed to be told around but it's still manageable for him, they grew up really close to one another ever since they were kids, even though, something feels missing, but since they don't even know what it is or how to bring up this feeling quite well, they just attach to eachother until the feeling goes away.

(Kabam baby!)