Chapter 12 - Surviving matters

Michael is on the floor, distraught and crying, he just watched and heard as his father was slowly consumed and possessed by a cruel demon known as the Shredder, it was the worst feeling he has ever felt, losing the only person he had for a family in the most agonizing way he could ever have thought, the beast was able to sense his mystic powers that were reacting to his emotions of loss and grief, the Shredder recognized that power, identifying him as a Hamato and attacking him right away with the intention of killing him off in one strike, he was on his knees and his hands were on the floor, the panic of the moment activated his powers, making him rapidly open a small portal beneath himself, he fell through it and ended up in some random spot in the New York city, Shredder missed by mere seconds, if it wasn't for that portal, Michael would have been pulverized for sure.

Michael fell down in some sort of pond area, where he was stayed hidden for almost a whole day, he was having a panic attack with no one to help, his mind was racing, he was having a hard time breathing, it felt like his heart was about to explode, he felt some strong headaches kickingin to torment him even further, it hurts, he was scared, he didn't want to die, not just yet, he wasn't in any actual danger but the panic triggered the fight or flight responses and he couldn't do anything but curl up on the floor in fear, he cried and whined until that awful feeling went away, after it was over, he took off his gear and put it to the side, he retracted into his shell and layed there for a while before falling asleep because of the stress, Michael rested his mind, his consciousness enjoyed the opportunity to meditate, he had just returned to his father, they were together again, and it didn't took a single week before he was gone, before they found themselves separated again, Michael tried to be positive, maybe his father was still in there, but what does he know? Everything was falling apart.

The Hamato family was still on the subways where they were hiding, at least if they're found, the Shredder will be far away from their home, and hopefully won't destroy their stuff, Splinter realized that they were all out of options, he had to get the family scroll to find out another way to destroy the Shredder, there's no other way around it, they have to consult their ancestors, the boys knew what that meant, they were probably gonna suggest the four to sacrifice themselves for the greater good, but Splinter would NEVER let that happen, they need the equation to solve their problem, but if the result is not right to them, they'll just have to find another answer, but there is no way he would ever lose his children to that stupid beast, only over his cold dead body that would ever have a remote chance of happening, they turtles and April all shared a long and loving group hug before Splinter pulled out the scroll and layed it down to summon the ghosts of the Hamato Clan.

While the ritual was happening, Michael woke up from his slumber, coming out of his shell and scanning his surroundings, now that he was calm he was able to look around and try to find out where exactly is he, it looks like an underground bunker, but it's all natural, a small tunnels that probably leads to the exit and was letting in a soft blue light to light up the place, a pretty and tiny waterfall was pouring into a small lake, there was some flowers and moss growing around the area, it was nothing much but it was still charming to look at, the sight of that place was pleasing to the eye, he thought for a moment that he could really use that cute cave as a nice hiding spot, but then he remembered, he should go home, maybe there's something on his father's lab that can help him save Draxum, but he'll need to be careful if he wants to go out there, he doesn't know where the Shredder could be or that already left the hidden city, so he's still pretty nervous, but the wish of helping his father drives him forward.

After some deep breaths and a little bit of meditation, Michael was ready to go, he used one of his powers to summon his chains and help him climb up inside that tunnel, the crawled his way out of there and was met with yellow machine vehicles and construction materials, that was a construction area, that meant that the little pond place was going to be destroyed soon by the hands of humans, Michael was a bit angry he had to ignore it, he has more important things to do than just reminding himself of how awful that specie is, it's not like that's anything new anyway, Michael takes a long time finding his way home, that's the first time he had to go home from so far away without his father's help, but he made it, he was so excited to go home, to swing on his hammock, to see the kitchen, to search the lab, he was dying to see his home again after such a long long time he couldn't.... even... wait...

Michael was met with a horrific sight, his home, the place he grew up with his father, it was destroyed, demolished and with barely a single remain left behind on the reckage of his childhood home, Michael fell on his knees once again, in complete shock, how could this happen? What even happened here? He felt like if he was going to cry, but he was all out of tears to shed, so he just sat there, eyes wide, trembling and shaking as he held himself in a hug, he lost everything, his stuff, his family, his home, he lost it all in one day, he went on a daze, almost disassociating, his mind was blank and completely disconnected from reality, he didn't know what to do, he didn't know how to react, he just... didn't know, he looked down and honestly didn't felt like dealing with this anymore, not sure if he wanted to go on with that plan or just end himself entirely, this kind of thought infested his brain as memories flew by before his eyes, until he remebered Big Mama, he only other person he thinks he can trust, he feels that maybe, just maybe she would be able to help, but would she even bother?

He has nothing else to lose so, he gets up and goes to the entrance of the Nexus Hotel, he enters the lobby and some of the staff immediately recognized him, calling Big Mama to announce his presence but not about his state, she is quite excited about the sudden visit and tells them to bring him to her office, he looks numb and completely out of it, the employees show their concern and try to check on him to see if everything's ok, but he doesn't respond, it felt like a machine, just fulfilling a task and not paying any attention to what's going on around it, he is then taken to Big Mama, in the elevator, he keeps his head down at all times, not saying a word since he saw what had happened to his house, he stayed silent ever since that, Big Mama was expecting his usual entrance, bursting through the door with that sweet and energetic smile ear to ear along with a loud greeting and speech about whatever was that he wanted, so she was quite weird out by seeing the door being so gently and slowly opened, and when she saw his state, it broke her heart.

She ran to check on her little champion and when she looks right into his dull eyes that hold the light of life, he ends up breaking down in tears, not in the usual over the top, dramatic and even funny way he usually does, he just hugged her and sobbed, a few tears running down his face, shaking and scared like a small child, she hugged him back and comforted him the best she could, she coddled him and patiently waited for him to let all of that emotion out, she felt her heart sting after seeing his pain, the happy and innocent little boy she knew, was so badly hurt, she asks him what happened and he explained it all, about the Shredder demon, about his dad, about the betrayal, about his home, it was so much and he couldn't take it anymore, hearing about what those pesky foot people did to him, Big Mama's eyes boiled in rage, she was seeing red, she knew she had to look into the matter and help defeat that monster whatever means necessary, but first, she has to assure that Michael will be alright.