Chapter 20 - Duel or surrender

Leo is standing there, determined to fight for his brothers, he's in a dark room surrounded by shiny chains and tall pillars, his brothers are incapacitated to fight so it's up to him to win and show off how incredible he is, he can hear something moving around him along with a quiet and sinister giggle coming from the unknown, he looks around trying to find the culprit when suddenly something jumps on him, Leonardo finds himself pinned back against the ground, he looks up to the face of the maniac doing this and he sees Michael there, he had a spear in one of his hands while the other was grabbing his neck tight, the look in his eyes screamed madness, wide and unblinking eyes with a wide smile, his pupils stared right into his soul, the spots in his shoulders and tighs were glowing the same golden light as the chain wrapped around the room, Leo felt a chill down his shell as shock hit him, before he could even realize what was going on, Michael threw him up into the air and with a single kick, the small guy kicked him across the room effortlessly into a wall behind them, Leo takes a moment to let the pain set in and go away but he sees his sword being given to him by his youngest brother.

🟠 - "Pick it up. I don't wanna beat you if they fight is unfair, it loses all the fun in it." Michael said with a grin

🔵 - "You... wanna fight me? The hell are you talking about?" He said confusedly, still recovering from the impact

🟠 - "If I really wanted to just wipe out some helpless freaks, believe me, your brothers would at least be dead by now." He said menacingly

🔵 - "What do you want? Why are you doing this?! You won't gain anything by doing this!" Leo said frustratedly

🟠 - "Boy, that sounds cliché, just get your dumb blade and show me what you got!" Michael said impatiently

🔵 - "I'm not gonna fight you! Not until you tell me what is that you're up to!" Leo insisted

🟠 - "Gosh, you're boring... well, if I can't force you to fight, than I guess it's not as unfair as just attacking someone who can't fight back..." Michael huffed

🔵 - "Why would you care about that?" Leo said confused

🟠 - "I'm a warrior, not a coward, I like fighting but that doesn't mean I like hurting people just for the sake of it, when someone challenges me THAT is what gets me excited, a mutual display of strength in a duel, if the other party is not in the mood or just doesn't want to fight, it's just a bore." He rolled his eyes

🔵 - "And why do you think I would fight with you?" He asked

🟠 - "Man, is this a battle or a ding doing pop quiz? Just fight me already!!" Michael demanded, stomping the floor like a moody child

🔵 - ".... no." Leo said with a smug face

🟠 - "WHAT?! Why not!? You are aware I can just kill your family if you don't right?!"

🔵 - "Mmmmm~ but would you really?"

🟠 - "DON'T TAKE MY THREAT FOR A BLUFF!!! I did it before, many times, in the Battle Nexus, I can do it again!"

🔵 - "Wow, really? I'm also a Battle Nexus champion, are you the other kid everyone talks about? I think I heard of you, Golden Star, isn't it?"

🟠 - "I... wait, really? YOU are one of the champions? I mean... I took a break after the whole Shredder deal so..."

🔵 - "Yeah... man, I heard how awesome you are in battle."

🟠 - "Well, uh... thanks. I guess..."

🔵 - "Man, two Battle Nexus champions in the same room, who would have thought? Maybe it's on the blood?"

🟠 - "Maybe...? Now let's fight and see who thrives!!!"

🔵 - "Uh... wait what?"

And with that, Michael jumped on Leo with his trust worthy spear, ready to tear him in half in order to find out which one of them was the best fighter out there, Leo was startle, he quickly grabbed his sword and jumped/rolled out of the way as to not be killed, a battle ensues, Michael is relentlessly and eagerly attacking Leonardo non-stop, very happy and excited about fighting him, specially now that he knows that he is also strong and capable enough to have became the Battle Nexus champion at some point, and then there's Leo, who is mostly on defensive, not wanting to hurt Michael but also not wanting to upset him by not fighting back, so Leo is just blocking his attacks, throwing him around like a rag doll and hitting him as weakly as he could to not cause any real damage.

Michael didn't say anything but he noticed Leo's lack of enthusiasm and how he was barely using his swords, this angered Michael because he didn't understand why was this happening but it made him furious for some reason, so he kept getting more and more violent, trying to get Leo to act out and actually put up a fight instead of avoiding it, Leo was starting to get overwhelmed by blocking him off, he was growing tired and scared for his life, Raph and Donnie were only able to watch nervously as those two reckless morons kept going at it, with high chances of one of them not coming out of that fight alive.