Chapter 14 - Crushing Misunderstanding

As Michael walks through the wrecks, weak and dizzy, he figures out that the building fell apart when he was unconsious, he probably wasn't crushed by pure luck, the place was hard to pass through, there was cinder blocks, concrete boulders, shattered glass, broken iron bars and what seems to be mystic fire for some reason, he couldn barely see anything, breathing all of that dust and smoke nearly chocked him up, but he somehow managed to make his way out, he was at the top of a big pile of wreckage, how did he get up there? Maybe he was just on a higher floor when he passed out, those ruins must be from the lower floors, how strange, he fell down forward on the floor and then caught sight of something, the Shredder was there, he was falling apart into cinders, like if he was burning away.

Michael's vision was a bit blurry and he felt very dizzy, he saw some green lights and silhouettes, but nothing really caught his attention, his mind was slowly slipping away into black, he then saw the members of the Hamato Clan, Raphael, Leonardo, Donatello, April and Splinter, he felt his heart ache, unsure if he's angry, or regretful, or even sad, his eyes fill with tears, he really thought those would be his last moments of life, he was sad and scared, he didn't felt like holding onto dear life anymore, not now that there was nothing to fight for in it, he would only struggle if he lived now that he was alone, so what would be the point? That way of thinking remained, until something happened right before his eyes could close, he saw Draxum falling out of the armor, his dad was there, he heard his father's coughing, though it was a bit muffled because of the background noise, he saw him move, Draxum, his father, was alive!!

Michael felt his eyes go wide open, a glimmer of hope fell upon him, he tried to get up but he couldn't, it was hard to move, he thought of screaming, but his cries left him out of breath to let out any loud enough sound, he was back on the floor, he could only lay down on the floor  helpless as he watched the large turtle, Raphael, pick up his dad into his arm and leave with his family folowing right behind, they just dissapear and take him away and Michael doesn't understand why, he tries to follow them, but when he finally managed to get up, he slipped and fell down from that mount of wrecks, he rolled down to the bottom and immediatelly got up again, desperate to find his dad, but they were already gone, the box turtle looks around frantically but he finds nothing, having everything he loved ripped away from him in a matter of seconds, he feels so powerless and useless, he can't even bring himself to move, he just cries... and cries... and cries...

Meanwhile, Raphael, Leonardo, Donatello and April are heading back to the Sewer Lair with their father Splinter, Raph is carrying in his arms and unconscious Baron Draxum that seems visibly, physically and emotionally damaged by the horrible experience, they saw what happened to him and how unfair it was, he was betrayed and forced into becoming a monster, and Michael.... poor little guy, where could he be? He thinks he saw him in the base soon after Baron Draxum was possessed, but if he was there then that'd mean the Shredder probably... oh no.... they will need to have a LONG talk after he wakes up, it might not be easy.

A few hours later, Baron Draxum gains conscience again, slowly waking up from the coma, his head hurts so badly he can't even bring himself to look around, that's until he hears a voice, Leonardo was there to greet him and assist him with some medical check-ups, he is more than displeased by being in the presence of that terrible creature and is quick to back away, but due to his injuries he was unable to move further, just sitting up and leaning over, Leo helps him out a bit and checks where the pain was coming from, it seems like when they attacked the Shredder, he got some of the hits on his own body, luckly it was just some bruises and probably a broken bone or two, he called over Donnie to see if they can get a X-ray for the poor goatman, as Donatello agrees to it, Raph enters the room to help them on transporting Draxum, and on the calm walk, the Yokai decides to ask a few questions about the current situation.

🔮 - "So.... why did you bring me to your base?"

🔵 - "Well, we could have just left you there to rot and possibly die but that would be "unethical" of us. And we have a few questions we would like to ask ourselves."

🔮 - "And... what is this, X... ray? Is it a weapon? A torture machine!?"

🔵 - "Hey, chilax... it's just like a picture, but it'll show us if you have any broken bones and stuff, torture wouldn't help either of us."

🔮 - ".... what do you wish to ask me about?"

🔵 - "What do you think? We want to know where is our brother, and you were the last person to see him, so spit it out, chupa-cabra."

🔮 - "I'm.... afraid I'm not sure myself... I only remember glimpses or what happened, I-I.... think..."

🔴 - "You attacked him?"

🔮🔴🔵 - "....."

🔵 - "Raph... aren't you the one that said we had to be hospitable to our *guest*?"

🔴 - "Sorry! Sorry... I just.... nevermind."

🔮 - "I... what?.... oh no..."

Suddenly the two brothers watch tears coming out of Draxum's eyes, he put his head down in grief as the memories come rushing back to him, it feels like he's back at that moment, he can feel that dark being fusing with him, he can feel the pain like if his every fiber is being burned, torn and stretched, he can hear his son's screams of fear, and for last, he remembers the sight of that creature approaching his child with a killing strike and then flash of light blurred his vision, and when he searched for him, he was far gone, right before his eyes, Draxum's distraught is seen by the two brothers who try to comfort him and ask what happened, but he can't bring himself to say it, he removes his golden helmet and looks through the glass visor, only to see his crying reflection looking back at him, he falls on his knees and curls into a sad ball of misery on the floor, touching his forehead against the cold floor as he cries away his pain, Leo and Raph exchanged looks of worry and concern for they don't know what could possibly have happened to their little brother.