If These Dolls Could Talk

Start from the beginning

"Isabel, you were exhausted, you were probably just halluncinating," Emily shrugged.

"No, that conversation was more real than the ones we have with 'A'!" Isabel argued.

"Yeah, it did feel like that!" Emily agreed.

"So, wait, what are you saying, that she actually was in my house this morning?" Spencer frowned, and Isabel sighed at them.

"I didn't say that. I just think that Ali is like..." Emily protested. "Holding all of our brains hostage, and we won't be able to sleep until we find out what really happened to her. You know, when you and Jason started dating, you just wanted Ali's approval, and that's all it was."

"Whatever," Isabel muttered. "Come on, I'm gonna be late for school." She got out of her car and started off. One thing bothered her.

Was it really Ali? Or was she just a figment of her imagination?

-

"Hey," Isabel said, sitting down at lunch. Aria and Hanna looked at her funny, and she sighed. "So, Emily and Spencer told you about how I've gone insane?"

"No," Aria said at the same time Hanna said, "Yes."

"Guys, I figured it out," Spencer exclaimed, running up to them with a bunch of newspapers in her hands. "Alison took out a classified ad asking 'A' to meet her in Brookhaven, and 'A' responded. This was going on for like a month. Look. 'Dear 'A, ' what's it gonna take to end this?You need to stop. -A.D.' 'Hey, desperately seeking silence, who says I wanna end this? -'A.''"

Isabel read the highlighted sections, and Spencer was right.

"Let me see that," Aria frowned, taking them from her.

"What's this one?" Emily asked, holding up a paper from Labor Day.

"It's the last paper before Labor Day weekend. Alison was set to meet 'A' at 235 Spruce Street," Spencer replied.

"Why do I know that street?" Isabel frowned.

"Because we walked on it," Hanna said. The others looked at her confusedly. "The creepy doll hospital?" Creepy doll hospital? Oh hell no.

"Guys," Emily whispered, and the others looked. Toby and Jenna walked into the courtyard, making Isabel's expression turn cold. Why was he suddenly her guide dog?

"She took off the bandage," Spencer nodded.

"She's not using the stick," Aria pointed out.

"No, instead she's using Toby," Isabel hissed, glaring at the two of them.

"Why is she still wearing the shades?" Hanna frowned.

"Hanna, stop staring," Emily gulped, nudging her.

"Are they all here?" Jenna asked Toby.

"Yes," Toby replied.

"Thanks, Toby. I'll meet you inside," Jenna sighed, and walked up to them. Isabel gave Toby one final sad look as Jenna sat between Hanna and her. "Sorry to interrupt."

"Can you see or not?" Hanna snapped.

"Hanna!" Isabel hissed. Jenna was silent.

"Wait, the surgery didn't-?" Aria asked.

"No, it didn't," Jenna replied, shaking her head sadly. "I went in knowing the odds, so I can't be shocked. The funny thing is, I woke up this morning and, uh... I could see clearly. Just not with my eyes." She turned to Isabel slightly. "You could've left me in that smoky room, Isabel, but you... You didn't. Instead, you... You saved my life. And it made me realize that... That people can grow. So now it's my turn, and that's why I'm here. I'm here to... To apologize and to let go of the anger that's been holding me back. So can we just please... Move on?"