Father Knows Best

Start from the beginning

"Sure," Aria grinned, but it disappeared quickly when she checked the message.

-

'Do Mom and Dad know you're watching murder movies? That would kill them to find out. -A'

"Is 'A' talking about the N.A.T. video?" Aria asked as she walked up to Isabel and Hanna.

"Of course. 'A' knows we have their cell phone," Isabel huffed.

"You guys get that text from 'A'?" Emily gulped, walking over.

"Yes, and now Melissa's threatening to kill our parents," Hanna scoffed, crossing her arms.

"I already told you: Melissa can't be 'A'," Spencer said in low tones.

"Alison was getting texts from the law firm your sister interned at," Hanna whisper-shouted.

"Yes, but she explained that," Spencer replied. "Melissa just wanted Ali to leave Ian alone."

"So what? What, I got chased by a hobo for nothing?" Aria scoffed.

"That still doesn't explain why Melissa got into Garrett's car," Emily pointed out, and Isabel crossed her arms.

"Do you think that Garrett told her about the video?" Aria gulped.

"'Cause if she knows that she's on it and if she's 'A'-" Isabel added, but Spencer cut her off.

"You guys, my sister is not 'A'," Spencer snapped. "I watched her fall apart when we found Ian's body. She had no idea that he was dead. She wouldn't just text herself from her dead husband's phone and loose it like that. Could we- could we please just breathe for a second?"

"No. We have video of four people who could've killed Alison," Hanna huffed. "Okay? They were in her bedroom the night she died. Can't we get in trouble for withdrawing evidence?"

"I think you mean withholding," Isabel frowned, and Spencer nodded at her.

"Look, Spencer's right," Aria finally sighed. "We've jumped the gun before. We've gone to the cops."

"And we ended up looking guilty," Isabel agreed.

"Yeah, and they already think that we stole something from the morgue," Spencer added, holding onto her bag's stap tighter. "I don't think that we should give this to them. Look, I know that I'm asking a lot, but, I think that I might have a way to find out more. So, can you guys just give me a chance to get into this?" She pleaded, looking at each one of them.

"Okay."

-

Later, Isabel was at her apartment. Spencer, Hanna, and Emily had agreed to visit. Mr. Fitz- Ezra- had broken up with Aria, and Isabel respected that she need her alone time. Besides, going to her apartment, which was next to his...

"Wow, it's really..." Emily said, looking around.

"Tiny? Squashed in?" Isabel smiled. She sat down on her bed. "It may be small, but for me, it's big. I mean, haven't you seen my motel room?"

"Big upgrade," Hanna nodded. "So, did it just come furnished?"

"The bed frame and the desk were already there, but I scraped togther enough money to buy the matress and bookshelves," Isabel replied.