CH19

Taehyung gave a short smile to Mrs Jeon, who settled a plate in front once he got seated, in his chair

"Where is he?" She asked to which the bruenette answered that he would be coming down in a bit.

There was hardly any subtle look from Mrs Jeon as she confusedly eyed Taehyung, whose neck shivered at her words.

"Dear, are you sick?" However the mild concern was evident in her features which made the blunette a little bit conscious.

"Ah no-I mean not..really just under the weather" and as if to prove his point he cleared his throat loudly and sniffed through his nose. "I was in contact with cold air last night, so.." Nodding his head and mentally patting his back once it sounded like a real cause.

"Oh, please take care of yourself..your health is precious to you.." Mrs Jeon suddenly sounded a bit stern, probably her mother's instinct was acting up.

Taehyung sheepishly smiled at her words, without any audible response.. though soon another voice chirped.

"What are you guys talking about?" Jungkook trailed inside the dining hall and looked at both of them with a hint of curiosity as he had heard their voices interacting but couldn't really hear properly as he was making his way nearer.

Taehyung and Jungkook shared a small glance when in that moment the younger-as if out of instinct or focus.. his eyes drifted towards the secured scarf fixed on Taehyung's neck, and deeply sighed in relief, but quickly looked over at his mom who spoke.

"Taehyung said he caught a cold, poor boy.." Mrs Jeon spoke with empathy, "Taehyung, should I make you some herbal tea?"

Jungkook strictly gazed back at Taehyung while the latter quickly declined the offer- "No no, Mrs Jeon.. you don't have to bother," while nervously picking on his nails as an habit, which didn't went out of the ravenette's sight since he had witnessed Taehyung's this habit several times under the nerve wracking moments. 

"It won't be a bother, ofcourse..okay you might feel well, so hurry up and eat the food while it's warm," Mrs. Jeon uttered and before anyone could speak, she headed towards the kitchen.

"Cold?" Jungkook blinked and suspiciously eyed him to see the latter leaning backward in his chair for support and crossing his arms in front of his chest loosely.

"So, you want me to open the scarf, Jungkookie?" Taehyung fired a question back innocently, but his disguised smirk backed up at the sight of Jungkook widening his eyes at the conclusion.

"Oh-oh," Jungkook murmured, "I see," his cheeks flaring as a side effect as always.

Taehyung hummed quietly, watching the latter avoiding his eye but seconds later the younger's mother approached the table with.

"Here you go," His mom gave him the plate and glanced at Taehyung. "Is it good?" she inquired and received an awkward smile.

"I haven't tried yet, I was waiting for him.."