Chapter 26- The Proposal (Part-2)

"You sneaky bastards... how did you even plan all of this behind my back?" Nick's eyes lit up with excitement when he saw what we had put together.

"I'm really glad that the two of you like what we... um..." Alex glanced at me and paused.
"What the two of us put together..."

"Like? We love it! Just look at how happy Kristin looks." Nick glanced over at her and smiled.

"Yeah it was sort of a last moment thing but I'm glad we went through with it." Alex replied.

"Well I'd do something special for you guys for doing so much for me. But I already spent too much on that fucking room." Nick joked.

"That was such a dick move, Nick." Alex sounded serious but to Nick it was funny so he laughed anyway

"What's with you?" Nick nudged my arm.

"You alright?"

"Me? Yeah, why?" I asked, surprised by his sudden question.

"You aren't really saying much." He pouted.

"Oh no, you guys were talking and I just didn't wanna interrupt."

While that was true, Alex knew it wasn't the only reason for my silence. The guilt hadn't left his face since I caught him in the act last night and regardless of the excuse I'd given him, he knew.

"Interrupt? Are you crazy? Come here."

Nick pulled me towards him and put one hand over my shoulder and the other over Alex's.

"You're one of us. I don't want you to ever feel left out cause you're not a fella" Nick said in a heartfelt manner.

Although I was introduced to the guys through Alex, none of them made me feel like I wasn't a part of their original group. They always included me in everything they possibly could. I'd never felt so safe around a group of men before. So it really hurt to see Nick take my silence the wrong way. I wish he knew this only had to do with Alex and not him.

"Oh come on, no Nick... it's nothing like that." I laughed and slowly tried to move away but Nick's grip was strong although he didn't intend to be. He was just much bigger than I was so it wasn't possible to slip away easily. It probably was the same case with Alex because he looked like he wanted to escape but wasn't able to.

"Ya sure?" He asked.

"I am." I smiled and rested my head on him.

"Okay then. Let's go over to the couch. Jamie looks like he's about to sing." Nick sounded excited but also slightly scared.

I looked over to see Jamie standing by the music set with a microphone in his hand. I could tell he was upto no good.

We were all laughs as we made fun of Jamie and walked over to the couch. Nick fortunately sat between Alex and I as we all got ready or prepared to hear Jamie sing.

"What song should I pick?" Jamie asked us on the mic.

"Anything except one of ours." Matt joked.

"Funny." Jamie said snarkily.

"Oh, you should sing some classics. You know, maybe some Bowie, Queen!" Kristin suggested. She was the only one being nice to him about this so I concluded that she must've never heard Jamie sing before.

And so it happened. Jamie sang. It lasted for about 10 minutes and it wasn't really as horrible as everyone was making it out to be. It wasn't exactly good either. Well, fine. It was more on the bad side. But the group constantly made jokes that made even the subject of the joke laugh so we didn't really have as much of a shit time.