Chapter 4- He's not going anywhere

It was morning now. Alex was lying asleep next to me. Last night had been "another one of those nights" as we liked to call it.

I could tell it was early from how dark it was outside. I was still feeling quite tired but I couldn't sleep. I had this itchy, painful feeling in my throat and it wouldn't go away.

So, I sat up and poured myself a glass of warm water from the bedside table. I gulped down half a glass of water but it did not help much at all. My throat still felt sore and I began to cough. I tried to not be too loud and covered my mouth with my hand, worried I'd wake Alex up.

Alex whimpered in his sleep as he heard my muffled coughs.

"Kris...?" He said in a low tone, his eyes still fully closed.

"Yeah" I managed to reply as I took a big deep breath in, trying to contain the cough.

"Love, you okay?" He said, his doe brown eyes open now, looking right at me.

"I'm fine" I replied, my voice cracking as I spoke.

He turned to my side, with his elbow on the bed as he tried to get up.

"You certainly do not look okay" he replied as he checked my temperature, placing the back of his hand on my neck.

"Don't worry it's probably just a cold or something" I replied.

"Fuck, you're burning up," he said.
"We need to get you to a doctor"

"Oh come on, Al. I'm okay. It's not even that bad" I replied.

"Are you sure?" He asked sarcastically.

"I'll be okay, don't worry," I said, again and he pouted.

"Anyway. Don't you have to leave in a while for the rehearsals?" I said, quickly changing the topic.

The new shows were going to start a week from now. The band had rehearsals early in the morning almost every day.

"Oh shit. Almost forgot" He replied as he got up from the bed.

"Wait. Are you sure you'll be okay all by yourself?" He asked one last time.

"Oh for God's sake, Al. Trust me, it's just a fever" I replied, trying to convince him again.

"Okay, if you say so..." he replied and shrugged.

He quickly got up and picked up the shirt I had stripped off him last night and put it on. He combed through his hair with his hands, fluffing it up.

"Are you not even gonna properly fix your hair?" I asked jokingly. His hair looked fine but it was a bit messy.

"It's literally 5 am. Besides, I'll go home and get ready before I leave for the rehearsals anway" He replied, still working on his hair as he looked in the mirror.

"Well, you never know where the paparazzi are lurking" I joked.

"So they get a bad picture of me. Who cares." He shrugged.

I liked his casual attitude towards fame. Not that I had known him before he became a Rockstar but I could tell one thing for sure, riches and popularity did not change him.

As he was about to leave, I tried to get up from my bed to walk him to the door but I felt dizzy. As soon as I stood up, I collapsed on the bed. Alex quickly came over to my side to make sure I was okay.

"Jesus. Are you okay?" He asked, sounding worried as he sat down on the bed.

"I don't know, I just felt a little lightheaded" I replied.