Chapter 22- She's with the band

Everything was perfect. The show was amazing, the night was warm and my hangover was finally starting to go away. I wasn't feeling fully alright, I was still feeling sick in the beginning of the show. But it barely bothered me by the end of it, especially after Alex texted me asking me to meet him backstage after the show. After what had happened between us this morning, and the texts we exchanged throughout the evening,  something seemed to have changed, and I just had a good feeling about it. I felt as though nothing could ruin this night. Or so I thought.

"Hey, you made it!" Nick rushed over to me.

"You guys killed it!" I congratulated as I hugged him.

As always, he was the first thing I looked for in the room. I was hugging Nick, Jamie and Matt were right behind us. But he was nowhere to be seen, after specifically asking me to meet him there.

"So... where's your main guy?" I not so subtly asked.

"Alex? Oh he's in the-" Nick began but was soon interrupted by Matt.

"He is in the restroom. I'll tell him you were looking for him." Matt had a slight look of panic on his face.

"No Matt, he's in the tour bus, remember? He left early." Jamie corrected.

Matt shot Jamie a look but didn't say anything. Something was up but I didn't think much of it. I figured it couldn't have been anything serious, probably some inside joke between them.

"Okay, I'll just go see him there then." I said. Matt looked like he wanted to stop me, which I again, didn't notice then as I was blinded by my excitement.

The entire time I was walking to the tour bus I could barely keep myself together. I was so anxious, but the good kind. I kept thinking of how things could change if I was right about Alex. I tried to not let it get too much into my head but I couldn't help it. What did he want to tell me? Why did he ask me to meet him backstage and then disappear off to the empty tour bus? Maybe it meant that he wanted to see me alone, tell me something in secret, I thought.

My heart was beating fast as I finally got to the tour bus and stepped inside.

"Alex...?" I called.

And soon enough he walked out of one of the rooms, in his shirt which was unbuttoned to his navel. Strange. It was a bit too much even for his taste. Belt off, coat off, shirt untucked.

"Kristen... you came... " He looked close to horrified to see me.

"You called." I said sincerely with a smile, but the look on his face was confusing me.

"Yeah backstage... how'd you find me here?" He was tensed and his question and body language was now turning my confusion into worry.

"Jamie told me you were here. Did you not want to see me...?" I asked with an awkward chuckle, but I was completely serious.

"No I did. I mean, I do, I.." He was trying to say something but it seemed like he had no idea what he wanted to say.

But lucky for Alex, soon enough there was nothing more to be said because what had to be said decided to present itself right in front me.

"Alex, what are you doing?" A girl walked in and stood behind him, putting her arm on his shoulder.

She was tall, sort of. She had nothing on but a bra and a pair of denim shorts. This could only mean one thing and merely the thought of it killed all the happiness I had felt till before this moment in the fraction of a second.

"Nothing, just go back in." He told softly but assertively.

"Okay." She smiled and then kissed his cheek.