Chapter 14- Want her, can't have her

Alex's pov

I woke up with my vision blurry, my head throbbing with pain. My lips felt sore, my back ached. There wasn't a part of my body where it didn't hurt. It was a lot worse than last night. I rolled over to my side, in hopes of seeing her face, the cure to all aches known to man, only to find an empty space next to me.

"Kristen?" I called for her feebly, my eyes still not fully open.

"Kris...?" I called again but there was no answer.

I twisted and turned in bed for a while. It hurt too much to even think about getting out of bed. But after a few minutes of struggling, I finally used the little strength I had in me and began to look for her.

The restroom door was wide open, so she couldn't have been there. I went downstairs and checked for her in the kitchen, hoping to catch her grabbing an early morning coffee or a snack like she did when she stayed over but she wasn't there either.

I went to the living room and threw myself onto the couch, realising she had left. I reached for my phone in my pocket to check if she had left a text.

"2 new messages from kris." She was quite predictable. I knew she wouldn't leave without telling me.

Kris: Hey Al, Good morning. Sorry for leaving so abruptly. Something came up.

Kris: Oh, and please, for the love of God, keep up your promise and go see a doctor. You really need it after yesterday.

I knew there was no point in sulking now but I couldn't help it. I wished she had stayed longer.

"Good morning." Matt greeted seemingly out of nowhere while I mindlessly stared at her text. I almost jumped, caught off guard.

"Scared me." I placed my phone on the couch.

"I brought you tea." He handed me the cup.

"Thanks, Matt." I gave a faint smile.

"How's the pain?"

"Bad." I said non-chalantly.

"You need to go to a doctor, Al." I was tired and annoyed of everyone saying the same thing since last night.

"I made a promise to Kristen this morning that I would convince you to go to the hospital. Please do this for her if not for yourself." He said.

"Yeah she texted me about it too... I'll see about it." I replied.

"So, you're going today?"

"She made me promise her too. I kind of have to." I sighed.

"Someone's maungy today. What's up?" Matt asked with a somewhat concerned look on his face. He noticed that I was off.

"Nothing." I replied.

"You can tell me." He assured.

"It's just the pain." Lies.

"No, there's something else." Matt insisted.

"I wish she had stayed." I finally admitted.

"Who?"

"You know who."

"Who?" He asked, before soon realising it himself.
"Oh, wait did the two of you-" He gasped in realization.
"I thought you guys were mad at each other."

"Yeah, well..." I didn't know what to say. Matt was my best friend, but there's no way I was going to tell him the truth: that we made up by fucking.

"Well what happened then?"