24

Volterra, Italy

The marble was cool under her fingertips, the cold seeping through her t-shirt to the skin of her back.

"Why are you on the floor?" Felix asks. The guard had gathered to watch the spectacle, news travelled quickly within these walls and so a small crowd had appeared to watch Elizabeth be subjected to Jane and Alec.

"I've heard it's quite painful, already being on the floor will remove the addition of falling over." Elizabeth explains and takes a deeps breath. "I'm good Jane, let it rip."

Her scream echoed throughout the great hall, her body writhed, fingers clawing at the marble and her back arching unnaturally as fire raged throughout her, burning furiously from the inside out. Most of the seasoned guard had also felt the effects of Jane's gift, and those who knew cringed as the hybrid continued to scream in agony.

Jane relinquished her pain inducing gift and Elizabeth sagged onto the floor, pulling herself onto her hands and knees and gasping in breaths. "Whoa...that was...Jane that's horrendous."

The youthful looking vampire smiles and laces her hands behind her back, rocking smugly on her heels. "Thanks."

"Okay, one down, one to go...or do you want to concede?" Demetri asks.

The reason Elizabeth was on the floor, being subjected to consensual torture was all down to a silly bet she had made with Demetri earlier that morning. She'd been feeding on Marcella now for approximately three weeks, and there had been some light-hearted jesting in the guard rec-lounge where Demetri had ended up saying he could definitely go a month on animal blood, but he doubted Elizabeth had the backbone to endure both Jane and Alec's gifts.

"Not feeling anything? How can that be any worse than literally burning alive?" Elizabeth questions from her knees.

Alec chuckled darkly, which made Elizabeth swallow nervously as she shifted to sit down. "Okay, I guess, lets go Alec."

The second scary vampire twin smirked sinisterly towards Elizabeth and unfurled his hands by his sides, his palms facing towards her. A creeping smoke started to pour onto the floor, it momentarily pooled before it started crawling towards her. Elizabeth felt the overwhelming desire to move away, she braced her hands against the ground ready to run. The smoke spread around her, and she squeezed her eyes shut, if she couldn't see it then it might never –

--- 

---

---

---

---

Elizabeth's eyes flew open, and she was staring up at the high domed ceiling. Tears welled in her eyes and she pushed a hand to her chest to try and stop her breathing turning into sobs. "Hey, hey Elizabeth? You're alright." Raphael knelt by her shoulder and helped her return to the sitting position she had been in before Alec had unleashed his gift.

"Alec...?" Elizabeth groaned quietly wiping the tears from her eyes.

"Yes? Are you okay?" the twin asks, a mild edge of worry tainting his eyes. He hoped he hadn't hurt Master Aro's new pet.

"That was the worst thing I have ever experienced..." Elizabeth mutters and then smiles. "Thanks for helping me win this bet!"

Raphael helps her up off the floor and the two hybrids turn to Demetri who was grimacing from the spectator's line.

"Would you like me to write a list of which type of bunny to look out for?" Elizabeth grins and laughter echoes around the room.