ch 37; Assembled army

Start from the beginning

The heart starts aching in longing after the other hylian.
But... He tries pushing the questions away before they fully reach his head. The questions about Linkly's wellbeing... Was he even alive?
Link shudders.

Demise takes the glass with a small stick with a wider foot up.
" Good..." he says and takes Link's shuddering as a sign that he is intimated by him.
The red-haired man looks back at Zant.
"... So... Order the army to welcome Hyrule's army... And, don't hurt the princess more than necessary... "

Zant gives him a bow.
"... As you wish... Master..." he says and glances finally at Link.
Now, when he finally understands his true feelings for the hylian, he really hates seeing him in such distress.
If he only could help Link with his struggles... But how? Link has already denied the opportunity to run away. So, what can he do for him?

The twili man stands upright and gives Demise a last look before he teleports out from the castle.

Demise's smug smile spreads wider.
" Well?... Perhaps you and I shall get ready as well?... We don't want our guests to wait, do we?" He chuckles and stands up where the chair creaks from sliding along the floor.

The sound of the chair and the sudden movements from the demon, including the words, make Link to gulp while goosebumps are spreading on the body.
" I... Perhaps I shouldn't join you? I... I mean... I would only be deadweight..." Link laughs awkwardly with increased heartbeats from anxiety of being seen as a pathetic loser. The people of Calatia would hate him for betraying them.
While the people of Hyrule would look down at him.

Demise scoffs.
" Nonsense... I will tell you when you are in the way... And right now, you are not... So, be a good 'hero' and follow my leads..." he mocks him.

The sarcastic sound behind the other's voice hits him harshly, and Link stands stiffly up.
Right now... He doesn't feel like any hero at all. And he might never have been one from the start.
Despite every bones in his body wanting him to fight back and refuse doing every single thing Demise tells him, he is following him like a dog with the head lowered.

***

Even though the warriors are feeling a bit nervous about the incoming battle, they are feeling safe with their lost princess by their side.
Zelda, Ganondorf, and Riju are walking next to each other while the warriors are following them in a group of their species. Zoras in one group, and Gerudos in one and so on.

When Zelda can see the castle ahead and how the enemy's army is assembling, she halts the steps and turns around.
" WARRIORS... " she shouts and startles the warriors to stop walking.
They swallow hardly.
The princess looks at the men and women.
" TODAY WILL BE THE DAY WHERE WE WILL WRITE HISTORY... OUR CHILDREN... AND THEIR CHILDREN WILL READ ABOUT OUR GRAND BATTLE... THE ONE, WHERE WE FOUGHT FOR OUR FREEDOM FROM PURE EVIL... AND AS YOUR FUTURE QUEEN, I'M GRATEFUL FOR FIGHTING BY YOUR SIDE... AND I HOPE TODAY WILL BRING YOU PEACE AND GLORY..." she tells them, and glances at Riju while someone yells something like; "FOR PRINCESS ZELDA!" Before the whole army starts cheering with the weapon upward in the air.
"... Princess Riju... I entrust you with the undead... According to my research, the undead should be weak against elemental attacks, especially when it comes to electricity... And, you as the wielder of the power of lightning should be the right choice to fight them..." Zelda tells her.

The young Gerudo brights up with a gentle smile on the blue colored lips.
" Thank you, princess Zelda... I won't let you down... My people and I will take care of the undead... But... How about the villages? " She tilts the head so red hair tickles her shoulder.

Zelda starts inhaling when a shadow comes from above while a gentle wind strikes her with the sound of flapping wings.
"... If I may..." Teba clears the throat and passes them from above before getting in their view, where the two princesses turn around.
The white feathered rito wets the beak a little with the tongue.
" The airways are a lot shorter than the roads... So, how about we ritos take care of the villages for you?... We have created new arrows where they will strike the enemy with either lightning or fire... So, if your research is correct, then the undead won't be a match for the ritos!" He smirks smugly.