She gave him a small smile and turned to look back out of the window. Suddenly, he grabbed her hand making her stand up along with him.

"Let's go," he said dragging her towards the main entrance.

"Where are we going?" she asked while snatching her stall on the way to follow him.

"Outside of course" he replied and turned a little to give her a wink "To soak up the sun."

She shook her head with a small smile and sat under the palm tree.

"I'll be back" he kissed her forehead and speed-walked back to the beach house before she could ask any questions.

She sighed as she looked ahead and bent her knee and rested her chin against her knees. She closed her eyes with a small smile still plastered on her face as she did nothing but feel the breeze over her face.

The chatter of people around them, the splashing of waves, the laughter of kids, and everything in between, gave her a feeling of serendipity. She found herself smiling most of the time without any reason.

And it was because of one person.

She turned to look back at the beach house, where Abigor was now emerging from. He had a hand twisted behind his back as his dark hair blew crazily in the wind.

His face broke down in a relaxed smile as he saw her watching him.

The smiles which used to be so rare, now he gave the easily to her. Nothing was separating them anymore, no lies, deceit, or some unfinished revenge.

Her heart had calmed down and she had openly accepted his loving these past few weeks.

He was the happiest he had ever been.

When he reached her, he got down on both knees in front of her sitting figure, still hiding his treasure behind his broad back.

He stared down at her with immense love, blocking the intruding sunlight, and just then he saw that her eyes reflected the same. She ran her hand against his rough cheeks and leaned in to kiss him.

She broke the kiss softly as her heart ran rampant.

"Aria," he said with so many emotions that she felt her eyes getting heavy for no reason.

Her eyes widened when he pulled out a beautiful bouquet of sunflowers from behind his back and extended it to her.

"It's not a single flower this time," he said with a small smile as a single tear drop fell from her eye.

"Abigor. ." she whispered as she took the bouquet and hugged it to her chest.

Suddenly, she could see a younger 20-year-old Abigor and a 10-year-old version of herself in front of her eyes.

He was less muscular then but had a kind smile which had been snatched from him over the years, she however, had her original black hair and brown eyes that she loved at that time.

Over time she had forgotten how to love herself.

The younger Abigor was bent in front of her with a single sunflower he had plucked from the sidewalk while the 10-year-old Aria blushed.

The blood and dead bodies had turned into a beautiful garden of flowers and it was just the two of them in the middle.

She had made that single flower her whole world and unconsciously relied on its beauty. She always wondered why sunflowers gave her such warmth, such peace.

But she knew now, it wasn't the flower, it was the one who gave it to her.

Aria's shoulder shook as she clutched the bouquet and tears escaped her eyes. He quietly wiped her tears with his thumb and kissed her again, softly.

"The flowers I gave you at that time died," he said "And these will also die"

Her heart was stunned at his sentence as cold water washed over her senses.

"No-"

"Shh. ." he put his finger over her lips as he pulled out a small box from his pocket and opened a small box, revealing a beautiful sunflower-shaped pendent.

The small sunflower was made with diamonds and gold as it sparkled in the sunlight.

She looked up at him with wide eyes, as he took out the pendant and clicked it around her neck

She looked up at him with wide eyes, as he took out the pendant and clicked it around her neck. The sunflower landed on the valley between her breasts, just right beside her beating heart.

"It will not wilt, it will not die" he murmured to her as both his hands now cupped her face "Just like my love for you"

She closed her eyes, reeling it all in.

Was life always so beautiful? Trees so colorful? Sky so delightful? Wind so bewitching?

And finally, love so. . .powerful?

She thought she knew she wasn't capable of love, but she found herself falling for him deeper and deeper without even trying.

She knew the moment she laid her eyes on him after so many years. She knew somehow their fate was connected but she was too blinded by revenge to let it prosper.

So she pretended in the beginning to achieve her goals.

But somewhere along the lines of pretending, she fell in love.

She sniffled as realization hit her and she whispered the words before she even realized.

"I love you."

His face broke into a huge grin as he pulled her closer and kissed her deeper than he had ever.

please vote and comment!