02| Mafia

❦︎

Aria removed her makeup with makeup wipes and sighed out in relief.

The performance was over and it had gone just the way she had wanted. No mistakes, no complaints. Just one thing lingered on her mind, the honey glazed eyes and impeccable face of the man in the front row.

She couldn't get him out of her mind. His stare had made her beyond uncomfortable and her legs had started shaking by the end in nervousness.

She was just glad that she didn't fall in this flimsy dress and embarrass herself in front of thousands.

After washing and wiping her hands thoroughly, she pulled down the lower lid of her eyes and pinched the contact lense off her. Her icy blue eyes changed back into her original dull brown.

A sudden opening of the door surprised her, but she knew that it must have been Kahlil by the locking sound. She couldn't see him because of the cream wall separating them.

"Kahlil arrange the car now, we are leaving" she ordered while looking down and keeping the used contact lense back at its original box.

"Leaving so soon?"

A sudden shiver ran down her spine as her gaze snapped up to the mirror. A tall and muscular man with honey-coloured eyes which reeked evilness stood with a sly smirk and his hands inside his black pant's pockets.

"Abigor Hayes" she acknowledged as she stood up and turned around.

He stood a little far away from her but still, she didn't let his intimidating height scare her down.

"Oh" his eyebrows shot up "You know me?"

"Kinda difficult not to" she replied as she remembered the gruesome killings and the notorious crimes he was famous for "What do you want?"

His gaze roamed around the room and then up and down her body, the smirk on his face remained still.

Aria fisted her hands as she gulped when his sharp eyes met hers again.

"An unusual eye colour you got there" he remarked "Although I remember seeing both of them blue on the stage"

"Of course you did" she retorted back while rolling her eyes, with all that staring, but she kept the last part to herself.

"I suggest you to quit it" a small frown settled on his face as he took a step closer, standing directly in front of her and completely hovering over her frame "the next time you roll your eyes at me, I'll pluck them out and feed them to the vultures"

She gulped at his threat. She knew he was capable of it, the Mafia Don wasn't famous for nothing. Her hands laid flat on his chest as his glare broke and travelled to her frail hands "There won't be a next time Mr Hayes, because I'll never see your face again"

She turned around again to face the mirror while she could continuously feel his stare at her "I'd like for you to leave now"

She pinched out her other contact lens and blinked in comfort while putting it away. Abigor stood silent examining her every move as the next words left his mouths.

"You are not like the others-" he declared, quite offended by the revelation, as he played with the cascading pearl jewellery down her back. She sucked in her breath as the rough pad of his thumb grazed her spine "-they usually tremble in fear"

"My work is done here" she said, ignoring his remark as she continued "I'd like to know what you want so I can leave quickly"

"Haven't decided yet" he shrugged as his sharp eyes pierced through her reflection in the mirror.