45| Sunflower

Aria sat in front of the grand piano, her hand hovering over the piano keys.

For the first time in almost 12 years, she found herself unable to play anything. As if her mind had blanked.

Her hands felt heavy as she gave out a long drawn-out sigh and looked out of the huge window. Cool air from the beach blew her against her face covered in sweat.

It had been almost 3 weeks since she and Abigor had been on holiday. He had dragged her to all parts of the world and forced happiness on her.

The joy she had felt in these 3 weeks was greater than the joy she had felt all her life.

Unconsciously she found herself smiling at the kids running through the beach, with his mother chasing him around.

Even though she had lost Kahlil, she was glad she had found Abigor.

As overbearing as he can be, he was the one for her. She knew it.

At the thought of Kahlil, her smile faltered. It still stung a little.

She wouldn't blame him for what he did to her, if she was in his position she would have done worse. But still, he had taken a part of her along with him.

She couldn't help herself as she had transferred 2 million dollars to his account. She wanted him to have a better life, away from her, if that's what made him happy.

She still remembered how displeased Abigor was when she told him that she had transferred money. He said Kahlil didn't deserve it and he should fend for himself.

That had led to a mini argument, which was resolved in a few hours by his heavy hands punishing her ass.

She blushed at the memory and looked down at the piano again.

Ever since her revenge was exacted she found herself unable to play anything. As if she had lost purpose.

Her sole reason for learning to play piano was to one day use those skills to get close to Salvador and kill him.

She had dirtied the sacred instrument with the purpose of vengeance, that's why her skills stood quietly by the side while she struggled to play a single note.

A warm hand enveloped her's and a soft kiss landed on her throat while Abigor settled on the bench beside her.

"You're back" she whispered with a slight note of happiness.

No matter how much time they had spent together these last few weeks, she found herself missing him even if he was gone for a few hours to deal with some work.

God knows what work he had in Greece, the place they were in right at this moment. But she didn't complain and just sat quietly by the window, waiting at his beach house.

He had a property everywhere they went, no matter how far or how close. This guy was filthy rich.

"I missed you" he whispered and pecked her lips before his eyes landed back to the piano "You are back here again."

She shrugged "Couldn't help myself. Even though I still can't play it."

He frowned at her sad tone as he cupped her face and made her look at him "It's fine" he whispered to her "We will find you something new."